Dunboyne Castle or Trim Castle??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DizzyVic Posts: 180
Hi there, trying to decide between these two venues. Really can't make up our minds! Any help appreciated!! Thank you. :wv
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I've never been to Dunboyne Castle but I'm going to say Trim Castle because that's where I'm having my wedding! Love it there, fell in love with it the first time we went in and it just keeps getting better and better! So my vote is for there! Good luck with your decision! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
lstars Posts: 1199
trim castle all the way!!!!
lavendergirl Posts: 478
another trim castle vote from me; dunboyne is lovely too.Cant beat the service in trim though and the location with the castle/boyne is stunning :wv
I love cosmos Posts: 221
Trim Castle here too! What I love about Trim Castle Hotel is everything is on the one floor!!! Private lounge looking out full wall og glass at Trim Castle for pre receptions drinks/cocktails and after its your residents bar, the reception room of course with huge bar complete with view out to lit up Trim Castle, then your balcony the whole width of your reception room overlooking Trim Castle which is your smoking area too - perfect!! I am biased but Trim Castle all the way I say! Ooooh I cant wait!!!!! O-O
Goodfellas Posts: 979
Can I offer a band's perspective here/ I wouldn't like to be picking between those two venues. It'd be like having to pick between 2 scrummy desserts at dinner...I usually end up getting both! Hahahaha!
mandymay09 Posts: 1
I got married in Trim Castle Hotel last year and highly recommend it. Everything about the venue and staff gets a 10 out of 10 in my opinion. Patrick in Trim Castle Hotel is brilliant. I get butterflies every time I walk in there now and the staff still recognise me when they see me. I've heard the food isn't great in Dunboyne Castle and the bar is very small. I've never been to a wedding there though.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I'm originally from Dunboyne (I miss it! :o( ) and when we got engaged I was convinced we'd have our wedding in Dunboyne Castle but I actually heard a few bad reports about the food there so we started to look further afield and fell in love with Trim Castle Hotel. The fact that a nightclub has opened in Dunboyne Castle would have given me serious reservations too. As it is, I absolutely love our choice of venue, I genuinely think its amazing. The views, the facilities, the reputation - we're over the moon with it.
DizzyVic Posts: 180
Wow, thank you all for your replies! Only getting a chance to log back on today. Looks like Trim Castle is the clear winner! O-O
sj 2012 Posts: 137
Hi there I would have to go with Dunboyne Castle!, we viewed both hotels last wend on the same day that both were set up for a wedding, both rooms very nice, Dunboyne however are offering a great deal at the moment and were trim wanted 65 pp for an enclusive package of what we wanted, dunboyne are doing it for 58pp and have more extras, the gardens in dunboyne are fantastic even at this time of year and all the wedding party would be together as the drinks reception lead onto the dinner hall and the smoking area is all together Dunboyne got my vote all the way! :eek