Dunboyne Castle Wedding Fair, was it 2day??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Belle09 Posts: 111
Hey, Anyone know if Dunboyne Castles wedding fair was today?? Oh no please say I didn't miss it??? This whole 28 days in Feb is just so confusing
happysparklybride Posts: 88
yes it was yesterday sorry :o( i went over and it was very busy. got tour and thought it was lovely. now have a provisional booking for there and also for killashee house which i love as well so a lot to think about this week. have you booked your wedding there?
thirdtimelucky Posts: 857
I was there and thought it was great. Lovely big glass of sparkling wine on arrival and lovely canapes while you were walking around, which was a nice touch. We have it booked anyway, but it was nice to see the place with a weddingy buzz going on. The tours of the bridal and presidential suite were great.
Belle09 Posts: 111
Hey, Ye I have it booked, would have loved to see the fair tho....I'm such a dope :o( :o( :o( Was there anything interesting going on?? Kilashee House is lovely too. I was sold on Dunboyne because of the photo ops if the weather is bad r u just don't want to spend 12 hours trapsing round places getting photos taken it's great.
happysparklybride Posts: 88
to be honest i don't think you missed an awful lot, i think most of these wedding fairs are the same anyway. we didn't spend a lot of time looking at the fashion show or talking to suppliers as we are in the (very) early planning stages still! the wedding co-ordinators we spoke to seemed lovely and the sparkling wine was a nice touch as another poster said. it is such a lovely venue and i agree with you about photo opps. we are going back to visit killashee and dunboyne this weekend before making our final decision (assuming the dates suit our local church too).