Dundrum dining...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlesugarloaf Posts: 2000
I'm organising lunch for a friend who's getting married - a girls day out, about eight of us. Can't decide between Jamie's Italian or the First Floor Brasserie in Harvey Nichols. Anyone been to either? Price wise they look similar, just wondering re ambiance, surroundings, etc.
tassajara Posts: 723
SunnyK is still away on holidays, but she recently reviewed Jamie's Italian:
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Tassajara beat me to it, I was just about to reply the same thing. :o0 Enjoy wherever you choose to go.
Reston Posts: 1321
I would go to Jamie's. It's FAB.
Daff Posts: 11644
The Port House is another really good place to eat in Dundrum, it's tapas and food is delicious.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I'm back!! I found Jamie's over priced for lunch. Port house is defo nicer atmosphere and better value than Jamie's... Lovely wine and great tapas. Churros for dessert is a must!
MadWoman2013 Posts: 528
I was going to say The Port House also!
littlesugarloaf Posts: 2000
It turns out that Harvey Nick's does a brunch menu so going to go there. They didnt have it on their website so i dropped in (room is gorgeous) and asked and it looks really nice. I did suggest Port House but bride had been there recently and wanted to go somewhere different. I found Jamie's a bit overpriced myself - the pasta portions are also pretty small (although really tasty). Will let you know what HN's is like. SunnyK, hope you enjoyed your hols. Your blog is a great read.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Definitely report back! I've often looked in and wanted to try it but never got round to it. Enjoy!
Lorna Doone Posts: 737
Harvey Nicks is lovely if you want something a bit special with the girls, the food's delish! Good prices too. I'm a huge fan the Port House for a casual lunch, as it's nice to mix & match tapas. Have fun!