Dundrum House in Tipperary

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dec-girl Posts: 174
Hi all , I'm considering booking our wedding in Dundrum House in Tipperary for 2010- all of the people that I've spoken to who have been there had nothing but good things to say(including one bride), but then I gave a look at Tripadvisor.com to see what they had to say and it's 95 % bad ! Does anyone here have any past experiences they'd like to share??
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Hi my cousin's cousin got married there 2 weeks ago. The whole family raved about the food & the band. Also I have family that live in Dundrum. Everytime that they have a family function they have it in Dundrum House. I think it is a fab location & the food is always great.
mollie82 Posts: 95
I live very close to Dundrum House and it's great, one thing there is the food is always amazing, really great, the only reason i am not using it myself is that living so close to it, every social, etc were on there, so kinda overdone it. Gone to tons of weddings there and all fab, I have one prob with it, for such an amazing place I think the ballroom lets them down a little, it's more the lay out and there is nothing they can do with that, but that is only my opinion, :wv
dec-girl Posts: 174
Thanks guys thats great. mollie82 can I ask where you are going?? Any one got pictures of Dundrum??
no worries, i'm going to Aherlow myself, the food is not as good but love the place, don't have any pics but they must have a web site :o)ll
imgettinmarried Posts: 52
mm
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Hi my aunt lives in the area & she said it to me at the weekend that it was suppose to have gone into receivership. In a way I am not surprised. Cos they were trying to sell it last year but sale fell through & lets be fair they haven't been pumping much money into it of late
29thDec09 Posts: 33
The rumours that have been circulated around the Dundrum area are false. It hasn't gone into receivership.
funkyfish Posts: 7626
its just ok!
aparently he has refinanced him self so all is ok, he was on the radio the other night saying that all was ok and the rumours were just that