Dying for 2008 to be over?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Monica Geller Posts: 161
Anyone else dying for 2008 to be over? I've had such an awful year: a few deaths around me, work isn't great, I had put on loads of weight, and my h2b broke up with me. I'm being forced to go to my family's house tonight even though I'm dreading it, but they are making me. I just want to go to bed. 2009 has to be better. Sorry to be on such a downer :o(
serenity Posts: 3675
Don't apologise... Aside from my wedding in early Jan 08 which was the best day of my life, 2008 was the worst year ever for me and my family for various reasons from sickness, work issues and job losses etc..... In fact the more I think about how bad it was, the more I am willing 2009 to hurry up and arrive... Try to keep the head up MG and please god 2009 will be a better one for you - try to enjoy tonight. I am on antibiotics and so can't even go out as I am in bits... Typical ending to what has been a crap year... Sending you hugs xxx
[quote="serenity":3sbuj776]Don't apologise... Aside from my wedding in early Jan 08 which was the best day of my life, 2008 was the worst year ever for me and my family for various reasons from sickness, work issues and job losses etc..... In fact the more I think about how bad it was, the more I am willing 2009 to hurry up and arrive... Try to keep the head up MG and please god 2009 will be a better one for you - try to enjoy tonight. I am on antibiotics and so can't even go out as I am in bits... Typical ending to what has been a crap year... Sending you hugs xxx[/quote:3sbuj776] Hugs back to you too, souns like you didn't have a great year either. God I really want tonight to be over and done with. Think I'm getting that flu thats going round too....GREAT! Have a good evening, and get yourself better.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I'll join ye girls,one thing after another in 2008, 2009 has to be better gals. Serenity sorry to hear you are under the weather, hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. Sending you big hugs :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox MG sorry to hear 2008 wasn't good for you either, wishing you every health and happiness in 2009 hun, big hugs coming your way too :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
I am so glad 2008 is finally over! I lost my job, have had illness in the family and other sh!te things happen around me. I'm also on antibiotics and spent NYE lying on the couch, hardly able to drink a cup of tea. I hope to god that 2009 brings some much needed positivity and luck into all of our lives!
Bulmers Posts: 1281
2008 was a horrible year for me and DH. I'm delighted to see the back of it. Only good thing about it was my BFP, so I am thrilled that 2009 is finally here. :o)ll
I think we all need some hugs :o( :o( :o( :o( :o( Lastnight was horrible, just horrible. I cried from the minute I went to my sisters house to when I came home. Tried hiding it but it was so so hard. Damn pink eye didn't help. I'm trying to look at it as a new year but its not working....the tears are still coming.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
:xox :lvs :xox :lvs :xox :lvs :xox :lvs :xox :lvs :xox :lvs :xox
Oh god I am watching 'The Break Up' on tv now and its my life. Its my life, the whole bloody break up is so so so hard. Why can't the idiot see that we are meant for eachother and that we were just going through a rough patch. I'm so sad, when will the tears ever stop :o(
mrspants Posts: 4652
oh god i feel so sorry for you. Monica i have nothing constructice to say only hi and hugs. my motto is "whatever is for you will not pass you"