Dying your hair when pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Hi girls, I usually get my colour done once every 2 months. Just wondering is it safe when pregnant? Also get my eyebrows/lashes tinted once a week. I presume that’s ok though?......
Emme Posts: 4735
Hi Kindanervous, My OB said no problem in colouring hair at all. Emme
Phew! :-8 Thanks Emme!
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I checked with my hairdresser last week cos I am getting the colour done this week ... I do mesh highlights, and she said as the mesh doesn't actually touch the scalp, there is no danger. Now, she did say that sometimes your hair can be a different quality, and it might take the colour slightly differently than before.
I dont get mesh or highlights or anything, I just get an over all colour which they put directly on my hair. I wonder if that would make a difference? I can always say it to the hairdresser anyway
eadaoinfar2 Posts: 19
I asked the hairdresser & he told me there was no problem but to be honest, I didnt take a chance, eventhough everyone says its ok.
snowbear Posts: 2107
mooky Posts: 1501
i avoided colouring for the first trimester, but then i went ahead and coloured (i use all-over colour), my obstetrician said it was fine (she dyed hers during both her pregnancies)
Milis in disguise Posts: 727
I'm going to hijack here if you don't mind, because it's not different enough to warrent its own thread -What about facials? I've heard some aromatherapy oils should be avoided, but I don't know which ones. I know therapists do facials while pregnant, but are they safe to get?
good2go Posts: 564
As a hairdresser myself, I recently learnt that all hair colour (including those that call themselves organic) contain the highest carcinogenic components known to humankind.So I would highly advise against it. If I was pregnant I sure as hell wouldnt continue to dye my hair!!