Ear candling

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Hi Any one have this done or know much about it? there seems to be good and bads things about it
maidofhonour Posts: 46
Do you mean having the wax removed from your ear by the candle burning???
BusyDee Posts: 8527
You dont have to have a wax problem to do this, it can also help clear your sinsus aswell - havent had it done but keep meaning to!
teapotty Posts: 2085
Is this where the doctor squirts the hot stuff into your ear and the buit up wax pops out? I've had it done and it's not really sore, you feel pressure rather than pain. Then this pea sized lump of wax popped out of my ear- pretty gross but I could hear the grass growing afterwards. Worth getting done but you should use drops like Ceremol for about a week before you go to the doctor as that will loosen the wax. That's if you even have wax- the doc will be able to tell you.
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Dont know if docs do it ,but basially a candle is put on the ear and the smoke is suppose to draw the wax and other stuff out...
maidofhonour Posts: 46
I've to get this done about twice a year, cos my ears build up alot of wax!! Must be something i'm blessed with. Its not sore at all, kinda weird cos you can hear the candle burning but it makes a huge difference to my hearing and my balance after it, which is a help after a few drinks!!! :hic Its about 35 Euro but if you ask me its money well spent, much perfer it than what I've heard the docotors do!
jamjars Posts: 1721
Lol, I have never heard of this before!! Where do you get it done?!
iwantone Posts: 176
[quote="maidofhonour":1jpxzvdi]I've to get this done about twice a year, cos my ears build up alot of wax!! Must be something i'm blessed with. Its not sore at all, kinda weird cos you can hear the candle burning but it makes a huge difference to my hearing and my balance after it, which is a help after a few drinks!!! :hic Its about 35 Euro but if you ask me its money well spent, much perfer it than what I've heard the docotors do![/quote:1jpxzvdi] Maidofhonor, do yo know if its any good for when yo have sinus infections? One of my ears is blocked at the moment and nothing will clear it :action34 I know theres nothing wrong with my ear but its the eustachian tube!
teapotty Posts: 2085
I am 100% sure there was no candle when I got it done- more like a little water pistol/ pump that had a warm liquid in it (probably water). Anyway, I'd go to a doctor rather than let someone come near my head with a candle.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
[quote="SuzieRtoB":vshdh698]I am 100% sure there was no candle when I got it done- more like a little water pistol/ pump that had a warm liquid in it (probably water). Anyway, I'd go to a doctor rather than let someone come near my head with a candle.[/quote:vshdh698] Your thinking of something else as I said you dont need to have a wax problem but one of the benefits is it removes any you have - most beauticians/holistic places actually do it! It helps with sinus problems aswell and your balance - its supposed to be incredibly relaxing.