ear piercing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cvbgc Posts: 169
hi im thinking of getting my ears pierced. i had it done years ago as a kid but my ears got inflamed and the pain was terrible. i have sensitive ears. i know you can get special earrings in the chemists for sensitive ears but there not great. for my wedding id love to get the sparkly dangling ones . anyone with any ideas can you get these earrings for sensitive ears. i dont want to get my ears pierced if you cant get them.
Deirdre Langan Photography Posts: 65
Have you considered earrings for non-pierced ears? I've never tried them but have seen pretty substantial earrings worn by brides that were for non-pierced ears.
NemoFish Posts: 2501
Do you know what you are allergic to? Like if you were to wear 9/18ct gold earrings would that inflame them?
not sure what im actually illergic to as it was when i was a kid.
NemoFish Posts: 2501
I'm no expert, but as far as I know most people who have sensitive ears, its usually caused by cheaper metals. I don't know what is in the ones in the chemist, but I think they are plated with something. I think you might be ok with proper gold. And there are plenty of nice ear rings available like that.
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Hey i had the except same problem had my ears pierced around times when i was younger but they just kept getting infected , I went to clares accessories and explained to them about my ears and i got them repierced in feb and what ever they pierced them with worked they didn't get infected once !!!!
thanks fomobride, can you wear any type of earrings now
chrystal Posts: 863
I had similar problems as a chid but over the past few years I've been able to wear ear rings again on an occasional basis and thankfully don't have the problem anymore, although out of fear I guess of the horrible infections again, I only wear them for nights out, weddings etc.
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Yea i have sliver stud ones that i wear most of the time but i have like cheap dressy ones for wknds when i go out and have no problem
thanks girls now all i have to do is work up the courage to actually get them pierced :eek