Earliest you can have a gender scan??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Hi girls, Just wondering when was the earliest you got or can get a gender scan? Baby scan advised 19 weeks as the earliest they do? Has anyone got one earlier?
Busbybabe Posts: 562
I had a gender scan done at 18 weeks with Ultrasound Dimensions however, they got a pretty good shot of baba's bits at an early scan I had done around 10 wks! Even though it is not 100 per cent at that early stage we had figured out what it likely was and this was confirmed at the 18 wk scan. I should add that the early scan photo was of very high quality!
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Thanks for your reply! Wow 10 weeks, that was early. I am still in two minds about finding out. I didn't on my first two and quite liked the surprise at the end.
jdurso Posts: 351
I got one done with Ultrasound Dimensions at 18 weeks also and they were as confident as they can ever be of the sex at that stage and were spot on. They also gave me some 3d photos and a video which I wasn't expecting. Best of luck with whatever you decide!
Busbybabe Posts: 562
[quote="vanilla icecream":2gl2gh7w]Thanks for your reply! Wow 10 weeks, that was early. I am still in two minds about finding out. I didn't on my first two and quite liked the surprise at the end.[/quote:2gl2gh7w] We really wanted to know and I have to say it has added to the excitement for us as we are now more focused on who this little person might be. I also think if you are hoping for one gender over another it might give you some time to prepare for what you are having just in case you are leaning strongly towards a particular gender! Have to say I admire anybody who can wait the whole 9 mths to find out. I'd be tearing my hair out :o0