Early Pregnancy Class Holles St. Anyone attended?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

greenbaby Posts: 541
Just wondered has anyone been, would they recommend it and did you learn anything you haven't read in WTEWYE? Also did you bring your OH? Thanks :thnk
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I went to it when I was seven weeks on. Hubby didn't come but there was only myself and one other girl there without other half. The dietician wasn't free the day I went but the midwife covered nutrition quite well. The physio was good as well. I thought it was fairly good and it was my first contact with the hospital in pregnancy so it was exciting to go there. they give you out some information too and you get a chance to ask questions etc.
Excitedwife Posts: 1186
I thought it was really good. Not that I learned loads but a chance to get to nose around the hospital :o0 Midwife was lovely. Haven't had much contact with the hospital yet, but what I have had has all been very positive.
Thanks girls, cousin of OH is currently overdue with HS baby and we're sort of worried we might bump in to them while at course, would be just our luck and we really don't want this to happen as we haven't told parents yet.
cappucino Posts: 160
Hi Ochre, I hadnt head about them? can you just go at anytime during the pregnancy? to be honest - I dont want to be spotted there too soon! might wait until after the 12 weeks..
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
They advise to go as early as possible so you get the best benefit from it but I think once you are less than 20 weeks you are fine.
cappucino Posts: 160
thanks little miss hopfull - I will give them a buzz to see what the craic is :eek
Ochre Posts: 877
Greensofa, thanks for posting this; I was wondering whether DH should come or not too. We're going to hold off going till 12 or 13 weeks for the same reason that you mentioned - the fear of running into someone we know!
Thanks to the ladies who've been for the insight. Hi Oasis and Ochre, the class is free, you don't need to book and it's at 12.30 on a Wednesday, think we'll chance going as we're both off this week. Now where are our disguises?
Ochre Posts: 877
I could have offered you DH's groucho marx moustache that he was made wear on his stag but I'm afraid I threw it out! :o0 I've booked us in for the five antenatal classes you do from 30 (or 32?) weeks on starting next march/april as we wanted to do the evening one and the lady in charge of them said it wasn't too early to do this. I asked her whether people tend to come to the first (free) lunchtime one before 12 weeks but she said that most people hold off because they're worried about running in to people they know. Then again, a friend of mine did it at about ten weeks.