Early Scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mischa09 Posts: 1068
Hi I'm having an early scan on 22nd December. I'll be 7 weeks then. I've read through some posts here and noticed that this needs to be done internally sometimes? Does anyone know exactly what happens?? Thanks Mischa :wv
Jeidi Posts: 3128
I had a scan at 7 weeks and it was a normal one... picked up everything fine. Although I'm sure there are other people here that have had internals after that stage....
zoesmama Posts: 2774
i have had 4 internal scan over the course of the pregnancies. it's nothing to worry about. tbh the wand looks a bit like a dildo ! they put a condom on it and then lots of gel and insert it into your vagina. i felt a v v slight discomfort when it was going in and then once inside there is no discomfort. hth.
amimad Posts: 99
I had a scan at 7 weeks and it was internal. It was not painful or anything of the kind... It was just uncomfortable However I was just so excited to see my little bean that I didn't care. We had been ttc for 2 and half years and was due in for a lap and dye when found out I was pregnant.
Thanks girls. I'm so nervous as i dont feel pregnant at all these days! Did you get pictures also at that stage?
amimad Posts: 99
Hi mischa09, hope everything is ok and don't be nervous. Just think you are going to see your little bean :lvs I got pictues, however my consultant scanned me herself.
zoesmama Posts: 2774
i also got pictures and this time round the consultant scanned me himself.
I'm going to charlemont clinic to get it done. Anyone been there?
Jeidi Posts: 3128
My scan was at the EPU in Waterford. We got one picture, just looked like a little bean literally. We were chuffed coming home! I framed it and hid it in my wardrobe. The midwife even joked that he looked like DH. Hope all goes well for you and that you'll get a cute little pic to keep.