Early Symptoms

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

macattack Posts: 1617
Hi girls, Sorry if this has been done before. I might well be getting my hopes up for nothing but I've been having what I can only describe as a butterfly in my tummy feeling as well as a faint tingly feeling in my breasts. This started yesterday and has continued to a lesser extent today. Has anyone else experienced this before getting a BFP? What were your first symptoms of pregnancy apart from a missed period. Thanks!
Secret2013 Posts: 227
Hi macattack, I had a funny feeling in my tummy too along with painful boobs a couple of days before my period was due. I tested the day my period was due and I'm now almost 8 weeks!! When is your period due? :babydust:
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
The signs can be so different/varying that a test is probably best to be sure. I found out I was pregnant 31 days after last period so boob pain etc. had not set in - I am very regular and it was longest gap I've ever had in periods and we had just started trying so we did a test stright away. In terms of me then looking back over the few weeks before finding out I was pregnant - my skin was really dry, especially on my arms and there were a couple of mornings I was up getting ready in the morning for work and I had to suddenly sit down for a minute or two as felt a bit light-headed - but I'm not sure if these were pregnancy related or not, just the onley things of note out of the ordinary before I suspected that I was pregnant... Fingers crossed for you that you are... :babydust:
[quote="Secret2013":2xvq3r6g]Hi macattack, I had a funny feeling in my tummy too along with painful boobs a couple of days before my period was due. I tested the day my period was due and I'm now almost 8 weeks!! When is your period due? :babydust:[/quote:2xvq3r6g] Thank you for your reply. Congratulations!!! How are you feeling so far? I've another 10 days before AF is due. Here's hoping! I'm preparing myself for disappointment but I just can't help reading into every little twinge I feel. DH is worried that I want it so badly that I'm starting to imagine symptoms. O:|
[quote="bluepolkadots":1qj4sct4]The signs can be so different/varying that a test is probably best to be sure. I found out I was pregnant 31 days after last period so boob pain etc. had not set in - I am very regular and it was longest gap I've ever had in periods and we had just started trying so we did a test stright away. In terms of me then looking back over the few weeks before finding out I was pregnant - my skin was really dry, especially on my arms and there were a couple of mornings I was up getting ready in the morning for work and I had to suddenly sit down for a minute or two as felt a bit light-headed - but I'm not sure if these were pregnancy related or not, just the onley things of note out of the ordinary before I suspected that I was pregnant... Fingers crossed for you that you are... :babydust:[/quote:1qj4sct4] Thanks! It's too early to test yet so I'm waiting around hoping that these feelings are down to pregnancy. Would be an excellent xmas present!
paperclips Posts: 3146
My boobs were huge and sore sore - that stayed with me for about 14 weeks. Also, anything I ate seem to cause indigestion and was repeating on me plus at times I felt a little light headed. I did a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy as I didn't think I could be. Low and behold I got two pink lines! We knew very early - about 3 weeks. Period wasn't due for another 8 days after I took the test. :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
bobby2012 Posts: 644
I didn't have butterflies as such, but did have an odd sensation in my stomach. I do wonder sometimes if it was really in my stomach or in my head, if you know what I mean, just some sort of knowledgable anticipation. My breasts certainly were heavier fairly early on. Not sore, just sensitive and bigger. Did get positive on my test a couple of times before the period was due though.
Secret2013 Posts: 227
[quote="macattack":x7abvi9n][quote="Secret2013":x7abvi9n]Hi macattack, I had a funny feeling in my tummy too along with painful boobs a couple of days before my period was due. I tested the day my period was due and I'm now almost 8 weeks!! When is your period due? :babydust:[/quote:x7abvi9n] Thank you for your reply. Congratulations!!! How are you feeling so far? I've another 10 days before AF is due. Here's hoping! I'm preparing myself for disappointment but I just can't help reading into every little twinge I feel. DH is worried that I want it so badly that I'm starting to imagine symptoms. O:|[/quote:x7abvi9n] So far so good I've only got very mild symptoms.....Oh and the other sign I had was the tiredness!! Oh my goodness I couldn't keep my eyes open in the evenings I felt I was a dead weight by the time I got home after work. Oh I really will keep my fingers crossed for you and lots of :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: your way. Keep us posted
Thank you everyone!! I guess it could be a million and one things but time will tell. Hoping to join this forum for real soon. Everyone seems lovely! I'll keep you posted. Fingers crossed... :thnk
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
I went to fill the car with petrol a few days before period was due and the smell of period nearly knocked me out, so I knew something was different But other than that, I was convinced period was coming, had all the usual signs, bloating , cramps etc Fingers crossed for you x