EBS fixed rates - existing customers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Krazy Posts: 289
Has any existing EBS mortgage holder enquired recently as to what the fixed rates would be for them if they fixed now? I rang but found them really uncompetitive rates and will be sticking to my variable rate and holding on to my cash. I had heard that anything around 4% would be worth fixing at but the rates I was quoted are below... 3 years 5.2% 5 years 5.65% 10 years 6.15% If I went for the 3 year rate I'd be paying over €170 more a month!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="Krazy":151egc0h]Has any existing EBS mortgage holder enquired recently as to what the fixed rates would be for them if they fixed now? I rang but found them really uncompetitive rates and will be sticking to my variable rate and holding on to my cash. I had heard that anything around 4% would be worth fixing at but the rates I was quoted are below... 3 years 5.2% 5 years 5.65% 10 years 6.15% If I went for the 3 year rate I'd be paying over €170 more a month![/quote:151egc0h] My OH rang PTSB last year at the end of the summer to enquire about fixing and was given something along the same rates but a tad higher so we stuck with variable. The only thing that worries me is that interest rates are due to go up and up and it might be too late to look to go fixed rate then
bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
is that with Haven Krazy? I really need to look into fixing ours too- but at those rates :hic certainly not- i will take a risk and leave it variable