ECCCKKK wisdom teeth removed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lil-star Posts: 3149
ok im in succch pain with my wisdom teeth. its growing the wrong way and cutting across nerves so ive constantly got a tooth ache in all my bottom teeth...not fun i tell you. im getting them out the end of this month (3 OF THEM!), just wanted some advice from someone who has got them out, i have to go under a general but should be out in the same day, how long will i have to take off work and how soon can i eat? (im relying on my wisdom tooth diet!)
MrsH2Boct07 Posts: 274
My other half had them out 2 years ago, he went in at 10am and I picked him up at 4pm. He had all four out, by 6 he was eating soup and bread and it took about 24 hours before he was eating pizza. 2 days later he snuck out of his sick bed to buy me an engagment ring and set up the proposal. He did sleep a lot for a couple of days and he was signed off for 5 days.
NowGone Posts: 8042
I got mine out 2 years ago. You'll be very woozy after and you'll need someone to bring you home. You'll need 2 or 3 days off work and you'll look like a chip munk for a few days. Eating is fine - you own't be able to open your mouth very no extra large burgers, etc.
lil-star Posts: 3149
damn the only thing i wanted was a big fat burger after surgery!
baby2010 Posts: 908
had all 4 out a few years ago. In that morning, bro picked me up that evening and I got him to stop at a shop at the gate of the hospital and bought a Yorkie - don't think that the general had worn off - but I ate it and wasn't any the worse afterwards. Was quite tired/woozy that night and the next day but after that it was fine. No pain that a panadol didn't look after and the brusing went after about 5 days.
Ivy F Posts: 2023
I had all 4 taken out under general anaesthetic 2 years ago. I remember coming around feeling like it had all been a piece of cake!!! The fun started when the anaesthetic wore off a few hours later. Yes, I was pretty miserable for 5 days & unable to eat solids until the stitches started to dissolve after a week, but once you get over the hump, you never look back, & other people, including the Wollies above, seem to recover much more quickly than I did. I'd a week off work, & my boss called around to the house on the 4th day, ostensibly to see how I was doing, but I'm sure that it was to check whether I really needed to be off for so long!! I'll never forget the look on his face when I opened the door, as my cheeks were puffed out like a hamsters & I had blue & green bruising along my jaw & down my throat! It wasn't as painful as it looked, so it was well worth it to see his expression!!! He made a quick getaway after that!!! :o0 :o0 :o0