Anyone had one? Am booked in to see if I am favourable for one on Weds. Can anyone tell me what to expect. Am going to CUMH.
I didn't know what this was so looked a bit online and thought this might help if you've not seen it already?
Thanks Wifin, I have seen that - looking for some first hand experience from someone who's had it done in Ireland at least (if not in CUMH) but don't seem to be many out there!
Pigeonwife-do a lot of research into this before you choose this route. A lot of doctors don't offer this anymore.
This is my first post, Im in the exactly same position as you, im due Feb 20th and my baby is also breech, im also going to the CUMH, I had an ECV appointment yesterday, i spent the whole weekend worried about it, i would much prefer to have a natural birth, but in the back of my mind, i have a feeling that the baby must be in in breech position for some reason, as it has been that way for the last 8 weeks, and if baby is happy in that position and it means i have to get a section so be it.
So my intention was to only let the doctor do the ECV if they thought baby would move easily, I watched the ECV on utube and it looked ok, not too traumatic,.
In the CUMH yesterday i first had a scan to determine the position of my baby, which turned out to be in an awkward position bum in my pelvis and head / back under my ribs, I then went to Perinatal where I had a trace, where they monitor heart and baby movements, we still had not yet decided if we wanted to go through with the EVC, we decided after talking to the doctor again that we would give it a go, the doc explained that they can tell very quickly if they can turn the baby, and will stop if they cant and that I could stop them at any time, so basically i was brought into a room with a scanning machine where they do a scan again, they give you an injection to relax your muscles and start to move the baby by pushing your tummy, they tried to dis-engage the babys bum from my pelvis, I have to say this was very sore, i dont have any bruising or anything but after about 1 min of the doc pushing, i couldnt take anymore, and the doc stopped at the same time and said that the baby wasn't going to move, so that was it. I wouldnt have let them keep going anyway. they scan and trace you again and everthing was grand baby was happy and kicking away heart and everything perfect, and everything has been perfect since thank god. I was up the walls all weekend thinking about it, Im alot happier now at least I tried it, it didnt work and now im booked in for a section on the 18th, unless the baby turns by itself.
Just remember the doctors wont do anything that will put your baby at risk, they stopped as soon as they seen that it was not going to work which was only 1 min, and you can stop them at anytime.
I hope this was of some help to you
Thank you so much MDbaby. Fantastic to know what's ahead of me tomorrow. We will have to keep in touch as if it doesn't work for me I may be in for a ceasarian around the same time as you!!! Thanks again
i posted on m&k too. i wouldn't opt for this, as a previous poster said lots on cons don't offer this anymore due to the risks involved
Well babs is still breech, but the very rare footling breech with the feet down which means it could turn right up to the last minute. So I am booked in for 2 weeks time and they will look at trying the ECV then if nothing has changed. So fingers and toes crossed babs will turn by itself in the mean time.
Hope all goes well with the ECV. Ds was lying transoblique for quite a while and my sis whos an accupuncturist gave me moxa to help turn him, which it did. I ended up with a section anyway cause he never got head down into the pelvis. when they sectioned me they said the cord was wrapped around his neck twice and had him like a noose, we were very lucky the sectioned me. I sometimes wonder was it when the moxa turned him did he get all tangled up? If I was in that situtaion again, i wouldnt interfeare and just let nature take its course