Electric Dog Fence

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
Hi Girls, My husband has finally given in and I'm allowed to get a dog out of our local animal rescue centre under one condition.... we have to get an electric dog fence first. See the road we live on is very busy and the past two dogs my husband has had have been killed my cars. Therefore he wants to get the fence installed first before we get the doggie. Anyways i've not a clue about these fences or even where to go about getting one. Does anyone know anything about these or where you can buy them? thanks
clucky Posts: 26471
most pet shops sell them or know someone who installs them
cool thanks lucky
mad woman Posts: 22106
you get your fingers sorted?
and your mouth?
No I never got the chance to get down to the chemist but my fingers don't seem to be too bad today. the little lumps are almost gone and i plastered vaseline on my mouth last night and its fine now today.
splash out and buy Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream its fantastic
over it Posts: 2779
My parents had one of those electric fences fitted in their house for our old dog. She was a gorgeous chocolate brown lab called cookie! She was trained with the fence there from when she was a pup but she never got it. She got welts and sores on her neck from the shocks cos she used to go over to the edge of the garden where the fence was and stand on it so it kept shocking her, she'd just bark at it! She ended up getting knocked down and died.
Aw thats so sad brickingit
over it Posts: 2779
Yea it was horrible. IMO those fences are horrible things. Our dog got really bad sores and welts on her neck from where the fence was shocking her. I have to say I'd never get one of them again. Put gates up or just have an area sectioned off in your garden for the dog.