Electricity usage

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dollydel Posts: 1726
I was submitting a reading for our gas and electricity and since the last reading in September we have used 1061units. From the previous reading July to September we only used 195 units. I am going to have a whopper bill this month. :weep Time to cut back on the usage big time.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Dollydel are you SURE? That seems a massive difference.... it wasn't that it's a guess reading and they didn't actually take it? 5 times more in the same space of time! :eek
dreamer Posts: 3941
Wow!! That seems extreme. When we moved house my Dh got an energy monitor and sometimes I love to put on the oven, dishwasher and washing machine just to see the figures shoot up on it!!! On a lighter note though anything that heats water does the damage. We can see if the kettle is on it uses more electricity than everything else added together!
Dollydel Posts: 1726
The readings in July and September are actual reading and I checked my diary and they are correct amounts that I inputted. I rang OH back to make sure he took the right one this morning and he said he is sure he is. I am not going to input it until I go home and check. I am a divil for lights. Going to have to cut back seriously. I have a lamp in the dining room that I leave on in the evenings. I have lights under my presses in the kitchen that I leave on all the time because they make the kitchen look nice. :duh: I have a lamp on in the hall and the landing light left on evening as well. Also an outside light on in the front garden, because it looks nice. :duh: Think morning I came down and I had left the big kitchen lights on all night. They are spot lights that eat the electricity. We also have an electric shower that we have been using more because the one that works off the hot water is broken. Also a dryer that has been going a lot.