Emailing Invites????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

10/10 Posts: 134
H2B just sent the below link onto me.... not sure if this would be a good idea as a lot of the older guests may not have email but might be an idea if someone else was interested.. would like to hear your opinions on it though.
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
As you said, I think the older guests wouldn't really get it. I think its a good idea for the younger crowd. Personally I wouldn't do an email invitation just because I'm having a small do and I don't think my elder relatives would understand. But I do plan to have my email address / phone number on the RSVP so that people can email/text a reply. I think this will make some people reply quicker.....well I hope
M Chereux Posts: 391
I know this would keep down costs of invitations but I would def prefer to recieve an invite in the post as it is more personal, but if you go down this route why not get some invites for older guests that you send out and keep the e mail invites for those who have e mail, however you might get some people who dont use their e mail and dont check it for a while and this will take away from ur RSVP! I personally think you may be safer with good old fashioned post!
smurfette2212 Posts: 749
[quote="PrettyWoman":3t81yij6]As you said, I think the older guests wouldn't really get it. I think its a good idea for the younger crowd. Personally I wouldn't do an email invitation just because I'm having a small do and I don't think my elder relatives would understand. But I do plan to have my email address / phone number on the RSVP so that people can email/text a reply. I think this will make some people reply quicker.....well I hope[/quote:3t81yij6] We put email / phone numbers for our friends...postal addresses for family / parents friends. Lots of people have sent sms and email to respond, so it seems fairly handy. Getting a few postal rsvps has been nice as well though!
10/10 Posts: 134
I agree girls - I prefer the idea of paper invites - they are a nice keepsake as well - I but it might work for someone on a tight budget
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
We had paper invitations but didn't bother with RSVP cards. We gave people an email address, phone number and house address to RSVP and got plenty via email. Most people have email and whether we like it or not it's handier to email an RSVP than it is to stamp, address and post a card.
grar Posts: 87
[quote="Lois":1ifckkox]We had paper invitations but didn't bother with RSVP cards. We gave people an email address, phone number and house address to RSVP and got plenty via email. Most people have email and whether we like it or not it's handier to email an RSVP than it is to stamp, address and post a card.[/quote:1ifckkox] We did this too but didn't bother with the postal address. It worked very well among our friends and people our own age. We also gave my parents phone no in case the older crowd would prefer it that way and all their guests and my aunts/uncles rang them.
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
i prefere paper invites myself to be honest