Embarrassed by behaviour

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lolabelle Posts: 3311
I'm reading on the news of all the anti-royal feeling among what I assume to be a few idiots with spray cans. I can honestly say that I'm embarrassed by these EEJITS and their backwards way of thinking. I'm sure that they are young thugs that don't even have the education to know why they are anti-royal. The IRA do not speak in my name. They do not represent my feelings and opinions. WTF are you going to achieve by putting a bomb on a bus carrying IRISH people???!!! No wonder the rest of the world are laughing at us. >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o(
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I actually can't bear this - it does my head in! We are no longer in the nineteen hundreds and need to bloody well move on!! Like you said, they are putting these devices where Irish people are - what do they hope to do...injure their own people?? It's shocking that some people just can't get past this and move on and look to the future. O:|
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
well said ladies, totally agree i was watchin tv3 earlier and some old ladies were giving out about her comng here, the same ones were probably stuck to the royal wedding 2 weeks ago on tv O:|
ciaraella Posts: 5323
People that act this way are just criminals and murderers imo, there are plenty of reasons why people may disagree with the visit, i wouldn't share their view, but if you disagree then have a peaceful protest or publish a letter in the paper etc, violent acts imo are just scumbags and criminals using a political smokescreen to cause mayhem for the sake of it and they don't care in the slightest who gets caught in the crossfire.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
[quote="mammymcphee":zxiprj21]well said ladies, totally agree i was watchin tv3 earlier and some old ladies were giving out about her comng here, the same ones were probably stuck to the royal wedding 2 weeks ago on tv O:|[/quote:zxiprj21] Exactly!!! And they are probably glued to the English soaps every night of the week too - same way you get these thugs who hate the English but watch the English football day in day out and pump money into the UK economy by paying a fortune on the football trips. I think it's a lot of ignorance. My Mam is from Liverpool so I'm a little biased as I was bought up around English people etc. I know that people are sensitive about what happened in the past, the people who died and Ireland's freedom etc but honestly what do they want people in today's society to do about it - it wasn't them and it wasn't their fault...what are these people expecting?
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Yeah it's a bit embarrassing but it should be clear they don't represent the Irish people. They are a small section of society. It's not like I expect british people to be ashamed everytime I hear of trouble at football matches or yet more hassle at an apartment complex abroad with british tourists/lager louts. God knows some of them don't represent for their country; or at least they represent the very worst if it. There are scumbags everywhere. I've made my peace with that.
Dollydel Posts: 1726
Listening to some of the lads here in work giving out about the Queens visit is doing my head in. These are the same people that wear Man utd jerserys, take monthly trips to Old Trafford and wouldn't know a sliotar if it hit them in the face.
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
[quote="mammymcphee":1mi2x17l]well said ladies, totally agree i was watchin tv3 earlier and some old ladies were giving out about her comng here, the same ones were probably stuck to the royal wedding 2 weeks ago on tv O:|[/quote:1mi2x17l] Thats so true, its a bit like its grand over there but just dont come over here. At the same time I can see that maybe the older generation would remember the after effects of the wars. Possibly had grandfathers, fathers and uncles killed. So I feel maybe they have more of right to not agree with her visiting, but at the same time the old ladies are not going out and rioting about it. It is the idiots with no idea of what is going on, or the history behind it, just pure thugs that are going to cause the trouble and embarrass the country.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="MrsDodders":17r7axlz]Yeah it's a bit embarrassing but it should be clear they don't represent the Irish people. They are a small section of society. It's not like I expect british people to be ashamed everytime I hear of trouble at football matches or yet more hassle at an apartment complex abroad with british tourists/lager louts. God knows some of them don't represent for their country; or at least they represent the very worst if it. There are scumbags everywhere. I've made my peace with that.[/quote:17r7axlz] +1
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I have no moral objection to the Queen coming, I think she should be as welcome as any other head of state. I think the vast majority of Irish people, including people up the North who actually lived first hand the atrocities there, have put the past behind them and are willing to move on and be open-minded. In saying that - her visit makes me nervous and I can't wait until she's gone home. I have a horrible feeling something awful is going to happen, something to destroy lives and destroy Ireland's reputation abroad. I'm very nervous that Irish people are going to be hurt, I'm very nervous that something is going to happen to the Queen herself or one of her people. And I just wish this visit was over. It's awful, I shouldn't feel this way, I don't feel this way about Obama coming, but I do feel it about the Queen. I wish her all the best, I hope she enjoys her visit, but I will breathe easier when she's gone.