Emmerdale

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

noddy1 Posts: 619
Anyone see this? fierce dramatic last night - i havent see it in a fair while so thought it was good. Christening and then an unofficial adoption.
Fio Posts: 812
Missed it, what happened?
nutty Posts: 154
Oh i missed it too. Can anyone fill me in please?
Actually i only say the last half. Christening of Debbies kid Sarah, Cain was there telling Emily to keep away from the child. Andy was there proud as punch and Daz ran home for a present for the baby. Emily and Debbie brought the kid home to change her and the rest went to the pub, except Debbie gave the baby to Emily and told her to go and not to tell where she was going ever. Daz arrived just as the taxi was leaving and he threw his present a baby braclet at Debbie and was really upset, The end
Astra Posts: 1409
It was so sad. Debbie told Emily to disappear with the baby and rear Sarah as her own. She didn't want any contact from them and under no circumstances was she ever to tell Sarah who her real mother was. The saddest part was when Debbie finally admitted that she did really love the baby. :cry:
workingmom Posts: 3429
I know it's only a soap, but I thought it was interesting that at no time did the thoughts or wishes of the baby's father even come into the equation.
reflecting real life unfortunately actually i felt that too, poor Andy was adopted and now his kid is adopted without his knowledge, shit happens in soap....
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
[quote:1gh94ahu]reflecting real life unfortunately actually i felt that too, poor Andy was adopted and now his kid is adopted without his knowledge, shit happens in soap....[/quote:1gh94ahu] You got it in one Noddy, shit happens in real life too
Guest101 Posts: 261
Its amazing really... I mean our neighbour had a child at 18 and herself and her boyfriend gave it to her parents to raise as their own. They are now in their 30's and are married and treat him like a brother and recently heard them say that they are trying for their first child :shock: She's not my friend but my big sister used to hang out with her at school - we find it all very strange. I don't have a desire to have children myself but they are nice to look at as long as they don't cry too much. Soap imitating life heh!
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote:3asciz17]Its amazing really... I mean our neighbour had a child at 18 and herself and her boyfriend gave it to her parents to raise as their own. They are now in their 30's and are married and treat him like a brother and recently heard them say that they are trying for their first child :shock: She's not my friend but my big sister used to hang out with her at school - we find it all very strange. I don't have a desire to have children myself but they are nice to look at as long as they don't cry too much. Soap imitating life heh![/quote:3asciz17] Nothing like going for the juggler TD!