Emotional meltdown while washing baby's clothes!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Roxanne Posts: 3201
I decided to do a 'pre-natal wash' today, just to freshen up the clothes we've bought for the baby. I know not everyone feels the need, but it felt like a nice way of preparing. :lvs So I got them all out, starting separating the lights and the coloureds, cut the tags off, checked they were all machine washable... and I just stood back and looked at the pile of baby-gros, vests, fifteen pairs of tiny socks (don't ask!) and I was suddenly so incredibly emotional that I had to go get DH, who works from home. Next thing I was in absolute FLOODS of tears, happy ones, and it was like the first time it hit me... this is real, we're getting a baby, after all the heartache and waiting, he'll be here in a month and he'll be wearing all these little clothes. :o)ll I'm still not right, to be honest! I can't think about anything else and am fairly useless in terms of work or getting jobs done. We are supposed to be going to the cinema tonight but I actually don't want to go anywhere or do anything, I just want to sit and wait for our baby to arrive. My head is away, I haven't felt like this since I was a little girl waiting for Santy. Have I lost my mind? Will I get it back?? Is anyone else going through this or am I the only madser??? :o0
Allure Posts: 220
awh - I'm nearly in tears reading that *)
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
Happened to me too Roxanne :action32 I took a photo of the clothes horse with all the baby gros drying on it :lvs DH thought I was going mad but it made me feel like complete mush inside. Take it easy on yourself the next couple of days, if you want to sit at home rather than go out, then just do that. And I am reliably told by friends, that once you lose your mind due to baby brain/fog/whatever you want to call it, it takes about 18 years to come back :o0
Millie- Posts: 490
i really love that post :lvs makes me feel teary just reading it, it really is such a special time
babychino Posts: 634
I've a lump in my thoat reading your post. It's such an emotional & wonderful time, you're going to be a Mammy :o)ll :o)ll Best of luck to you :xox
aurora Posts: 1629
I did a baby wash today too and they're all hanging on the drying rack - the most adorable looking wash ever! soooooooo cute, everythings tiny newborn size, the little mits and socks are teensy.
sinion Posts: 6050
Oh Roxanne, your long awaited little one is nearly here! I had that moment when I was stocking up the changing table a few weeks before DS arrived, but it was his tiny nappies that did it for me, I was in floods! Have to add, just had a gorgeous moment with him. He was watching a show and didn't like one of the characters, came racing over and climbed up on the chair beside me for a cuddle. He kept watching and the character came back on gave him a fright so he grabbed my arm and wrapped it around him and cuddled into me. I melted into the couch :lvs
funkyfish Posts: 7626
you'll get madder sorry :o0 lovely post... u'll cry when babs moves up to the next stage in nappies, when they get too big for their ne :weep :weep :weep w born outfits i cried coz the dog looked sad when i came out of hospital wtf the dog was happy out on the sofa snoring
MrsClucky Posts: 440
Roxanne Posts: 3201
Thanks for all the replies everybody, good to know I'm not the only one... *) Sinion, that was a very cute story about your little boy. And funkyfish, lol at the sad dog! :o0 I nearly started again when I was hanging out the wash, trying to get the wee socks to stay on the clothes horse. Honestly, they're like something out of the Elves and the Shoemaker! :lvs