Engagement Noseyness

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsbride Posts: 144
Did your h2b suprise you (or you him!) with engagement or had you both deceided to get engaged on a certian date
Capetown Posts: 976
We had ours planned. And it worked out great. It was a suprise to everybody else though
april09babs Posts: 926
A complete surprise. Hadn't seen it coming at all. 5 years yesterday actually!
Estobesto Posts: 632
It was a complete surprise to me. Wasnt expecting it at all.. He purposed with a token ring and then we headed off on holidays. Got the real deal when we came home. I picked it myself. He knows better :o0
over it Posts: 2779
We booked our hotel before we got engaged, in the Summer. I was expecting to get engaged that Christmas however we ended up getting engaged on holidays in the November. He caught me off guard so it was still nice.
citygirl Posts: 154
total surprise, hadn't a clue! Actually I honestly thought he was joking and didn't even give him an answer.... till I realised he was serious!!
Yellow Elley Posts: 1522
Got the shock of my life!! :ooh even though we were together 7yrs when we got engaged but we're still pretty young even getting married. I always dreamed of him getting down on one knee and when he did (in front of a busy restaurant) I was morto and wanted him to get up asap :-8
Tinker Bell Posts: 875
Complete surprise. Even though I knew he had my engagement ring nearly 2 years, when he didn't propose then I thought it was never going to happen then he surprised me in a restaurant the night of my birthday. Tinker Bell *)
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Sunbeam Posts: 2721
Complete surprise. He'd told me 6 months beforehand that it would be another two years before we got engaged, and he usually says what he means so I believed him. And he surprised me when on holiday in New York so it was fantastic. He had picked the ring himself which made it all the more special and it's perfect! Feel all gushy now!! :xox