Engagement present ideas

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

July/Aug 2011 Posts: 13
Hi I was just wondering do any of you have any unique engagement present ideas? One of my friends got engaged in October and I bought her a wedding planning book, she was delighted with it. But then 5 weeks later our other friend got engaged and I was completely stuck as to what to get her that was not the norm glasses etc..... The 2nd girl who got engaged is getting married in August and I know I should've got her something by now, but I just hit a stumbling block trying to think of a present that's a little different Thanks in advance :thnk
tootsy Posts: 779
why don't you buy her a nice guest book, it would come in handt
ozypozy Posts: 2950
My fave engagement present was a willow tree figurine called "Promise". Its got a little card with it that reads "hold dear the promise of love" [img:3uon2cib]http://www.familychristian.com/images/shop/detail/11490_detail.jpg[/img:3uon2cib]
DrWhosPoopy Posts: 654
We're using that as our cake topper Ozy.
Are you using the full size version DWP? I was thinking of putting our figurine on the table beside the cake! Some wollie posted a website ages ago with the cake topper version on it but can't find the post anymore O:|
lou83 Posts: 332
What bout a Newbridge Wedding ablum? Or a digital photo frame? Or a genisus piece? Or depending on how much you want to spend, a voucher for a night away somewhere?
Yeah it's the full size version we got as we were told that the cake topper version wasn't available anymore. Hoping it won't be too heavy!
So typical!! If i come across it i'll post! Really love it though and it was a gift from my parents so want to include it.
woohoo09 Posts: 630
money!!!!! >:o) seriously. the willow tree figures are gorgeous. Or, a bottle of nice champagne that they are not allowed to open until the night before their wedding? (or wedding night?) or a voucher for the fave restaurant? if they're like most of us, they'll be cutting back on nights out in order to save for their big day.
Cool! Thanks Ozy, I'll have a look and if i find anything online i'll let you know.