Engagement Presents

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
For those of you who were given presents, would any of you like to share/compare notes on what you got? Interested to know if there are similarities. We got: kitchen utensils, kitchen cutlery, ordinary glass vase, Killarney crystal vase, 2 matching royal tara tea light holders, 4 royal doulton crystal wine glasses, decorative candle arrangement, newbridge silver candle stand with candle, royal tara photo frame, towels, Galway crystal type of candle vase with candles, homestore voucher and photo album. Hope I didn't forget anything. Interested to see what ye got, as I am really surprised at the amount of candles and holders etc we got.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
We got willow tree ornament, killarney crystal vase, kilkenny glass candle sticks, duiske glass candle sticks, galway crystal wine glasses, avoca blue wine glasses, newbridge cutlery x 2, newbridge steak knives, newbridge wine opener, egg cups, photo frames, beleek photo frame, ainsley frame and some other lovely bits and pieces. to be honest i wasn't expecting people to be so generous, some of them you'd expect as wedding presents!!
Yes, I was thinking the same and getting them from people that I don't plan on inviting...many of my mothers friends/neighbours. Her neighbours are invited, but some of the others aren't. Should I have to add them to the list because they gave a present? Candles seem to be a popular present so.
katiemomma Posts: 2690
we got loads, prob will forget some of them but here it goes: 250 euro 150euro avoca candle sticks, killarney crystal candle sticks, 6 kilkenny wine glasses, 2 duiske champagne glasses, quartz clock, 3 foot vase, killarney crystal 'lamp' and candle newbridge salt and pepper shakers, newbridge cutlery, newbridge vase, newbridge candle holder with candles, 2 galway crystal frames 4 frames that say engagement on it beleek silver frame a huge mirror, 50 euro debenhams voucher (bought 2 solid wood frames) 50 euro voucher for the ross restaurant killarney 50 pounds sterling 10dollars waterford crystal vase/bowl wine champagne galway crystal champagne flutes i cant think of the rest but there is more as its taking up our entire attic! haha the only thing we have used is the clock. everyone we got presents from is invited but thats because we are inviting everyone we know neighbours relatives etc. 370 people. we gave thank yous to everyone. if you sent them a thank you i think thats grand unless you want them to afters? [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:18ee6ifg]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;24/st/20090807/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/2fe1/event.png[/img:18ee6ifg] [/url]
Yeah, I am sending and have sent thank you cards to everyone who has given us a present. Gosh, you got loads!!! Candles really seem to be a popular present so. We are getting our presents into a cardboard box and into the attic too. :o0
early days Posts: 691
We got a good bit of cash, a few vases, a Newbridge candle-type-thing, a photo frame and Galway crystal wine glasses. We weren't expecting anything, didn't think people 'did' engagement presents anymore. We were saving the cash for a weekend away, then our dishwasher died so we had to use it to replace that :o(
outdoorgirl Posts: 610
I didn't expect presents but got quite a few. 2 lovely frames, 2 really nice Newbridge cadles, steak knives, Newbridge cutelry, set of dessert spoons and forks, denby bowl, voucher, money (for a new matress), a rug, lovely napkin holders, champagne, and a few bits and bobs. Nice gifts.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I didnt expect any prezzies but we got a set of tipperary crystal candle sticks, a dinner set, about 400euro, 2 x picture frames, a duvet set, cutlery set, a wedding planner and loads of little bits and pieces.(mostly kitchen things even though we are living together over 4 years!!) MIL2b also organised and paid for a dinner for 12 to celebrate. *)