Engagement Ring

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TheBigDay Posts: 651
Looking for just the right w. ring for my e. ring. It is a contemporary solitare, I just think the ring looks better on it's own, without a w. ring! Anyone else think this ?
ginger nut Posts: 5989
I've been trying on another ring with my engagement ring to see what it looks like - totally different but I love it and can't wait to get my real wedding ring.
Glittergal Posts: 1504
Yeah I'm the same as Sue Ellen. Totally prefer mine with the band. There are some ppl out there though who prefer just the band instead of the Engagement ring. This is a shot in the dark but what about getting your ring altered to look more like a wedding ring and use it as both? Bring it to a goldsmith and ask him for suggestions
terribride Posts: 627
I know what you mean, I've tried on a few wedding bands with my engagement ring and none of them look quite right and it feels kind of weird to wear two rings on the one finger :oops: I'd love to get the wedding band to fit beside the ering perfectly no space inbetween iykwim? The gap really irritates me
mia Posts: 963
I got mine made to go with my engagement ring, it fits well. Can't imagine just having one ring now.
brideaug06 Posts: 241
We picked up our wedding rings a few weeks back. It felt very strange trying it on with my e-ring, I suppose because I've been wearing my e-ring for the last two years on its own.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I have a marquise cut enagement ring and finding it hard to find a wedding band to suit it. Did find one and really love it (will probably go with this one). Two jewellers advised me not to get ring made as because of the cut of my diamond the V would be very distinct and look terrible on it's own. Also if you get your wedding band made you have to take it whether you like it or not. She said she'd a bride in crying a few weeks back who didn't like her wedding band so sent it back to put diamonds in it, to sparkle it up. I was quoted 1000euro for getting wedding band made. The ring I picked out that I really like and which is the best fit ring I can get was 680. Going to order that one in next few weeks.
Maud Posts: 857
Yeah, The Big Day. My engagement ring is cool: it's real chunky with the diamond set in so it's flush with the surface. I have small hands and I think a wedding ring is going to ruin the look of me lovely engagement ring so I want to get a wedding ring that's as skinny as possible.
smurf Posts: 755
I am dying to wear my wedding ring with my eng ring, I actually feel bare with just the one bling ring on now, not long to wait for the double bling though :-)
Royal Wolly Posts: 1020
I am the same thebigday.... I think it might be just because I have got so used to seeing my finger with just the engagement ring, the wedding ring just looks too much??? I am sure that I will get used to it though :?