Engagement

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bfpasap Posts: 40
HI
tippgirl2010 Posts: 91
Hi, we got engaged last year on Feb 13th so announced on Valentines Day that we had got engaged. It was a surprise proposal as we had talked about getting enagaged on hols in August. He even mentioned doing that during dinner that night!!!! Really threw me off!!!! I always said to him that I didn't want to get engaged on Valentines day but in the end I didn't care. I was a high telling everyone our news. We spent the weekend alone together and he had booked a night away for Valentines night (that I knew about) so only saw my parents the day after. He had mentiond to my freinds and his friends about meeting up the following weekend even though he hadn't proposed at that stage. Had 2 nights out the following weekend in my home toen and in his. Really made the enjoyment last. I had no ring then as was waiting for it to be re-sized afer picking it out on Valentines day. Good luck with the ring hunting
nix1 Posts: 374
[quote="reachhigh2010":aojzhufg]He just popped the question!!! Going ring shopping this afternoon, I am soooo excited. We were going to wait until Valentines weekend to make the announcment but are thinking now to do it the weekend beforehand providing we find ring. Have any of ye got engaged for Valentines? I'm thinking if we announce the previous weekend we will be able to get everyone organised to come and celebrate with us for Valentines (also I'm not mad into the whole Valentines scene but maybe I'll be sorry we didn't wait)[/quote:aojzhufg] you're engaged now so it really doesn't matter when you announce it. You'll always remember the date he proposed, not the date you announced. Be warned though, depending on what ring you want you could be waiting 6 weeks for the stone/setting etc to be made.
Genegirl Posts: 2110
I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You must be on such a high.....its a great feeling!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Muse Posts: 1580
congratulations! the fun starts here! :o)ll good luck with containing your excitement for the next few weeks though, i know i couldnt!! I think you should announce it now/when you get the ring as it's NOW that you are mega excited so why not share that? The buzz will be a little more diluted in a few weeks time. bear in mind, some of your friends may have plans for valentines night with their partners (if you announce it the week before that you are having your party then).
hollywoodbride Posts: 1341
congrads enjoy the ring shopping its so excting. I bet you wont be able to hold your excitment till valentines ....
nutcake Posts: 1168
congrats :thnk we got engaged last feb 5th and had our engagement party on valentines day. im not usualy into the whole valentines thing but it just seemed perfect :lvs just be aware that many couples make plans for valentines so you might have a few people missing!
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
i couldnt keep quite! id have to tell people now. think if you wait a few weeks you wont feel the same excitment when people congratulate you
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
he popped the question and we spent time looking for the ring and then waiteed 6 weeks for the ring to be made.......was absolutely bursting and even managed to tell my 2 sisters by accident but it was such a joy to watch my parent's reaction!!! we announced as soon as we picked up the ring.....be a bit weird announcing and having a party with no ring me thinks - people want to see the rock!! i loved the feeling of my and h2b reveling in our shared secret without others knowing!!
happieout Posts: 3111
Congrats, we intended announcing our engagement after a couple of months but in the end couldn't keep it in. Enjoy all the excitement, nothing like it..