Menu

English translation to Irish

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
Would anyone be able to give me the proper translation from English to Irish for, our wedding. Thanks girls.
marquise Posts: 595
In which context are you using it? If for the invitations you should use the following: ár bpósadh (our marriage - this is better for the ceremony)) ár mbainis (our wedding - more suited for the reception)
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
Thanks for the translation Marquise. I would be using at the front of the mass booklets. So wouls it be the first one I would use?
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
I'd use the first one
Yep the first one would be best for the mass booklets.
marin Posts: 289
Aifreann ár bpósta If you are putting it on the front of the booklet this is what you use! It dosen't look right but is most grammatically correct! Trust me i've been through it on this one a few times, but got it from the highest authority!!
[quote="marin":1bm7mw0n]Aifreann ár bpósta If you are putting it on the front of the booklet this is what you use! It dosen't look right but is most grammatically correct! Trust me i've been through it on this one a few times, but got it from the highest authority!![/quote:1bm7mw0n] You're right about "bpósta" instead of bpósadh even though it looks funny! Mixing up my tuiseal ginideach :-8