Error on Marriage Certificate

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsIbizaGirl Posts: 979
Hi all (sorry I'm gonna post this in a few forums) I've been waiting for nearly 3 months to get our marriage certificate. I've been ringing the office enquiring about it and was originally told that the church hadn't sent the forms in, but I knew they had, so I just thought they mustn't have got to them yet. I rang on Friday and was told to call in after lunch on Monday for it. I thought, great at last will be able to get things sorted. Sent in DH to get it as he wasn't working, after a long time waiting for it, when he got it there was an error on it. They have part of our current addres incorrect on it. He said she was practically giving out to him for not reading the registry book on the day of the wedding before signing it!! Did anyone else read it before signing it? I know I definitely didn't even think of looking at it. I'm just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else. The woman in the registry office told DH that if we want it changed, we'll have to go to court to get it changed. This sounds extreme in my opinion. I've tried googling this, but haven't come across anything of any help. I'd really appreciate any information anyone has on this. Thanks a million.
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
[quote="IbizaGirl":6ek1wmlf]Hi all (sorry I'm gonna post this in a few forums) I've been waiting for nearly 3 months to get our marriage certificate. I've been ringing the office enquiring about it and was originally told that the church hadn't sent the forms in, but I knew they had, so I just thought they mustn't have got to them yet. I rang on Friday and was told to call in after lunch on Monday for it. I thought, great at last will be able to get things sorted. Sent in DH to get it as he wasn't working, after a long time waiting for it, when he got it there was an error on it. They have part of our current addres incorrect on it. He said she was practically giving out to him for not reading the registry book on the day of the wedding before signing it!! Did anyone else read it before signing it? I know I definitely didn't even think of looking at it. I'm just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else. The woman in the registry office told DH that if we want it changed, we'll have to go to court to get it changed. This sounds extreme in my opinion. I've tried googling this, but haven't come across anything of any help. I'd really appreciate any information anyone has on this. Thanks a million.[/quote:6ek1wmlf] I have seen this before on this forum do a search on here
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
It happened to my cousin and yep you do need to go to court to get it fixed. She went recently, don't think you have to do a lot though, just explain it and they will make the changes. We rang recently about something else and the registrar told us to be very careful to read the certificate on the day( in 8 months time) and make sure it is correct.
Leanne24/05/08 Posts: 100
The letter we recieved as confirmation for registering the wedding said how imortant it is to make sure all the details are correct before signing as we'd have to go to court to make any changes. I hope I remember to!! x