Estee Lauder double wear

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
Girls, do any of you use this? I have heard good reports, mostly here, but bought it yesterday and now it's scaring the hell out of me - it's sooooo thick and I'm afraid I'm going to end up looking like i've come off worst in a chocolate fountain fight...
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
I bought it on recommendations too but found it way too heavy. I hated the 'paint' smell of it too, it really didn't do it for me. I spotted your other post about Bobbi Brown Face Base - I'm a big fan of those products. I've an oily T-zone and I swear by Bobbi Brown Oil Free foundation. It's light, doesn't stink and you can build the coverage up where you need it. I don't like the 'made-up' look too much, and this is a great foundation for a more natural look. Maybe get a try out at a Bobbi Brown counter and see what you think.
[quote="Lois":bbc15wul]I bought it on recommendations too but found it way too heavy. I hated the 'paint' smell of it too, it really didn't do it for me. I spotted your other post about Bobbi Brown Face Base - I'm a big fan of those products. I've an oily T-zone and I swear by Bobbi Brown Oil Free foundation. It's light, doesn't stink and you can build the coverage up where you need it. I don't like the 'made-up' look too much, and this is a great foundation for a more natural look. Maybe get a try out at a Bobbi Brown counter and see what you think.[/quote:bbc15wul] Hmmm. Yeah, the BB you mention is the one I normally use, but I have a monster breakout at the moment and need cement to cover it, to be honest. Otherwise I will scare people if I'm see outside like this! :o(
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
[quote="Pomegranate":9hkf5eg5][quote="Lois":9hkf5eg5]I bought it on recommendations too but found it way too heavy. I hated the 'paint' smell of it too, it really didn't do it for me. I spotted your other post about Bobbi Brown Face Base - I'm a big fan of those products. I've an oily T-zone and I swear by Bobbi Brown Oil Free foundation. It's light, doesn't stink and you can build the coverage up where you need it. I don't like the 'made-up' look too much, and this is a great foundation for a more natural look. Maybe get a try out at a Bobbi Brown counter and see what you think.[/quote:9hkf5eg5] Hmmm. Yeah, the BB you mention is the one I normally use, but I have a monster breakout at the moment and need cement to cover it, to be honest. Otherwise I will scare people if I'm see outside like this! :o([/quote:9hkf5eg5] Mac Studio Fix concealer! The best :o0
mollyg Posts: 441
Hi, I don't wear foundation on a daily basis but do on special occasions ie weddings etc..bought double wear and have been recommending it to everybody since...Was a bit concerned about how thick it looked going on but wore it to Ladies Day recently and one of my friends commented on how natural it looked.... and that was outside. It really does stay put all day too..
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
:wv I just got a sample of this on Saturday.. Have to say i thought it was lovely, but i have really dry skin, i use Smashbox's primer first.. Stayed on me all day yesterday and people were saying how natural it looked..
bbbride Posts: 664
Pomegranate the best way to put on the double wear is with a foundation brush. Put some onto the back of your hand first, you need to apply very little. If you still find it thick, you can add some illuminator. [img:3feeq10x]http://www.boots.com/images/product/1057259/ehero.jpg[/img:3feeq10x] This is boots own brand one, most brands do one.
maidmarian Posts: 280
i use this and find it great, stays on all day! It really is better when applied with a foundation brush though, a bit pricey but worth every penny!
[quote="mollyg":3buikn25]Hi, I don't wear foundation on a daily basis but do on special occasions ie weddings etc..bought double wear and have been recommending it to everybody since...Was a bit concerned about how thick it looked going on but wore it to Ladies Day recently and one of my friends commented on how natural it looked.... and that was outside. It really does stay put all day too..[/quote:3buikn25] I tried it out last night. I used a Bobbi Brown foundation brush and it went on like a dream over the BB face base primer. The coverage was fantastic, and it didn't look like a mask like I feared. Well pleased with it! I have it on again today in work, and while it feels a little dry and heavy on the cheeks, it hasnb't budged. This is a totally new thing for me! Normally my makeup is around my ankles at this time of day! I'm pretty pleased with it, I have to say! :o)ll
upsetbride Posts: 13
Hi there, I have to say i use this foundation alot. I wouldnt use it everyday as it is very heavy but it would be perfect for your wedding. it is very thick but use only a small amount and rub it in straight away. Dont dab is all over your face and then blend. I would only use a 1c little blob to start with and then work up from there. you will find (especially if you use a powder after) that it will stay on all day and it wont rub off on your colthes or other peoples clothes!!!1 So i would give it a go anyway.