Menu

European city/town destination with limited days.

Go to Off Topic

miss choc
Royal Wolly

European city/town destination with limited days.

Postby miss choc » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Looking to go on a European city break limited to 4 days will be heading in August and like a bit of sun, good food, wine and culture. I was in Spain this year and have been to the following already Amsterdam, Brussels, Munich, Rome, Venice, Switzerland, Paris, Riga, Stockholm, Poland, Vienna, Malta and Lisbon running out of places but know there is more to see, any good recommendations that I can squeeze into 4 days? Direct flights preferably

anonforawhile
New Wolly

Re: European city/town destination with limited days.

Postby anonforawhile » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Krakow
Budapest
Bratislava
Ljuibiana
Prague
Dubrovnik

miss choc
Royal Wolly

Postby miss choc » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Being to all bar Bratislava and Ljubliana really want to see Slovenia but it's not direct and I think I would need more than 4 days to see capital and Lake Bled :o(

30something
Major Wolly

Postby 30something » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 pm

How about UK cities?

I loved Bordeaux. Shopping, coast, vineyards.

miss choc
Royal Wolly

Postby miss choc » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Born in UK so did a lot of them and going back to London to visit family in September. Was thinking south of France, parts of Italy, Istanbul, maybe Oslo, Iceland, Helsinki dont know if warm enough and can be dear. Just want a bit of culture and sunshine I can do in 4 days.

allieb21
Mini Wolly

Postby allieb21 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:24 pm

What about Florence and you can do a day trip to Pisa while there? Lots to see in Florence and both places are lovely x

FUNtastic cornerstone
anonforawhile
New Wolly

Postby anonforawhile » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:46 am

Istanbul is amazing. It's 4 hour flight but you can go direct. Loads to do and very safe city. Highly recommend. The flights were probably slightly more expensive than a typical city break but we found it very cheap while we were there.

neuromancer
Mini Wolly

Postby neuromancer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:24 am

Second the idea of Florence. Probably my favourite place in Europe. You can do day trips to Siena, Lucca or other lovely towns in Tuscany.

Another favourite is Berlin. It's an amazing city. So much to see/ do. It has such a great vibe. There are loads of great restaurants and bars, and nice lakes and parks for soaking up the sun.

Does the fact you were in Spain this year mean you don't want to go back? If not, Barcelona is another wonderful option for sun food and wine.

SunnyK
Empress Wolly

Postby SunnyK » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:12 am

I second Barcelona, really enjoyed it there. .. it can be slightly dearer than other cities to fly into though.

A friend of mine has been to Berlin a few times and absolutely loves it so it's on my list of places to go!
I've got a Blog!! If you like food you should give it a read, if not then you will probably have little or no interest in it! (",)
http://kateskabin.wordpress.com/

neuromancer
Mini Wolly

Postby neuromancer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:44 am

SunnyK wrote:
A friend of mine has been to Berlin a few times and absolutely loves it so it's on my list of places to go!

It's such a great city, something for everyone really. I'm into electronic music and it has the best scene in the world (if you wade through all the pretentious hipster stuff surrounding it) but I also love good food, bars, art. Not to mention all the history attached to it.
Accommodation is really cheap and there are loads of really cool quirky places to stay too.

Disclaimer: I do not work for the Berlin Tourist Board

Next

Go to Off Topic