Evening Food

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TON Posts: 46
Have about 160ish going to the wedding, with only a very small handful for afters, what numbers shoudl I cater for with the evening food. I think the hotel use a percentage, anyone know what this is. Thanks Cork Birde
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
We were told to cater for about 50% of people. We also gave slices of our wedding cake around this time too.
googoo Posts: 216
I thought it was around 50% too (including evening guests) but I saw in one of the hotels T&C that you need to set aside 75% of full day guests for evening food. Prob works out much the same depending on the evening invitations.
mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
I think it depends on the hotel, some say 50% some 75%, I guess it depends on how big their portions are. The hotel should know how many a portion would serve so should be able to give you a rough estimate to go by if you ask. We were told 50% of ours but we're going to be having a good few extrs to the evening so we're going to do a bit more than 50%. We're also serving our cake at that time too.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Check with your hotel - we're having about 140 and they said to cater for half i.e. 70. I asked was that the best they could do it for and they're charging me for minimum evening food numbers - 60 - but catering enough for everyone! We'll also have our cake at this point - 3 different fillings so more than enough choice!!!