Evening Primrose Oil

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsberries Posts: 462
Just wondering if anyone used evening primrose oil to help bring on labour? Apparently you can take it orally and use it internally to ripen cervix. Am just a few days over but terrified of being induced next week :o(
Daff Posts: 11644
I didn't take it orally but did use it 'down there'. I was too terrifed to put hte capsule in so woudl squirt it in :o0 God when I think back. but DD arrived on EDD so something worked! I started this in the last week along with popping raspberry leaf capsules as if they were smarties and bouncing on that blooming ball day and night!
mrsberries Posts: 462
thanks for that and kudos for being able to squirt it in! Im not sure I can reach down their to get the capsule in later :o0 :o0 :o0
Beset of luck with it all! hope it starts moving along for you soon! I had to get in some funny positions towards the end to do all those 'bring on labour' things! :o0
Peggy Sue Posts: 638
Clarysage oil in the bath ismeant to bring it on too, haven't heard about the primrose oil. Daff thought your not supposed to take the raspberry leaf until your over 32 weeks?
yeh, that was on DD i took them at end. have them in press waiting for me again :o0