ever sing at your own wedding??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ms jay Posts: 44
Has anyone ever got up to serenade your new husband at the reception??? I would love to organise for me to sing with the band.....something mushy like Leann Rimes-How Do I Live... Im not the greates singer in the world but am not shy when it comes to getting up and belting one out!! Anyone ever done this before? If so how did it go down???
Tesa Posts: 34
I was at a wedding where the Bride and Groom sang a song together and it was fantastic. Go for it!! Traditions are there to be broken
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
Hi, go for it, both me and my fiance play music so we will be playing a few tunes to our guests :o)ll
Belleboo Posts: 924
I would def sing at the reception but no way at the church. Was at a wedding where the bride sang on the altar to her new husband (shania twain) and although she can sing it was waaaaaaaay too cheesy for my liking.. nearly choked trying to keep the laughter in, I swear some of the fake tan ran away from the sweat of trying not to laugh so much... I'm some friend I know!!!!
tootsy Posts: 779
[quote="Belleboo":3fhhmj21]I would def sing at the reception but no way at the church. Was at a wedding where the bride sang on the altar to her new husband (shania twain) and although she can sing it was waaaaaaaay too cheesy for my liking.. nearly choked trying to keep the laughter in, I swear some of the fake tan ran away from the sweat of trying not to laugh so much... I'm some friend I know!!!![/quote:3fhhmj21] :o0 :o0
ooddles1 Posts: 273
we've just spent the afternoon practicing the song we're gonna sing together at the reception! our wedding is far from traditional, i'd say go for it if you wanna sing just do it! it's those little things people remember!
blink Posts: 821
My dh sang to me at our wedding. The thing is though that he is a singer and the band were made up of friends and fellow band members of his. Anyway it was fab. I loved it, he loved it, the guests loved it and our fav along with most otheres was when he sang highway to hell :o0 :o0 Any professional band would be able to do this for you. If you can decide on a song that both you and the band know then I ask the band to send you a copy oif the version they do or even a link to a youtube video with the version they do. Usually the live versions are quite different from the radio edits so this would be essential for you to practice the timing. Good luck.
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
At our wedding a few wks ago the band got everyone in a circle and called the B+G into the centre. Then the music for Simply The Best started and i went up and got the mike off the band and sang it to my DH. IT wasn't planned but when the music came on i just had to do it, i'm no stranger to a bit of Karaoke :o0 :o0 even though i'm not the best singer in the world. Can't wait to see it on our DVD :o0 :o0