Everything Clomid Thread

Go to TTC

Ellefun
Royal Wolly

Re: Everything Clomid Thread

Postby Ellefun » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Aandl » 09 Mar 2014 21:33

I know the answer to this is here somewhere but I just cant thread through over 200 pages!!
I have some clomid questions;

How long were you trying b4 trying clomid?
How did you realise/find out you were not ovulating?
can a doc prescribe it or must u go to a gyne?

Thank you in advance!!! :xxx

a)We were trying on and off for almost 3 years! I knew there was a problem and did nag my GP and eventually found a new GP. But both kept saying I was young enough and I had plenty of time! Grrr...
b)I had day 21 bloods taken and they discovered I wasn't ovulating. I had erratic periods too so they knew something was up. My cycles could be as long as 120 days!
c)I think a GP can prescribe Clomid, but not 100% sure. I got a referral to a gynae and after checking my tubes weren't blocked (HSG) and an ultrasound and more bloods to confirm I have PCOS he started me on Clomid.

Best of luck.

nightingale
New Wolly

Postby nightingale » Mon May 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi! I have a question regarding clomid and didnt want to go through all the 200 plus pages.

I suffer from PCOS and hypothyroidism. I have a 1 year old baby, concieved on my 3rd cycle of Clomid 100mg plus provera from bfp until week 13 of pregnancy. All this happened while living abroad so I'm not quite sure of the protocol in Ireland.

DH and I are thinking about TTCing sometime next year. Considering I already had to take clomid to concieve the first time, will I have to start from the beginning all over again? ie. tests, etc before I get my prescription, will it be more straight forward? My GP is aware of my PCOS but havent asked him anything about it yet.

Missus2012
Princess Wolly

Postby Missus2012 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:59 am

hi nightingale i'd say you should be able to get meds with GP, just give them your history, what was prescribed and how it worked for you. your issues have already been identified and a successful solution found so I doubt theres any need to go over it all again. best of luck!

nightingale
New Wolly

Postby nightingale » Tue May 06, 2014 2:53 pm

I hope so... I'd hate having to go through it all over again even though I only had blood tests, a scan and DH sperm checked... No lap and dye or anything.

I might ask my GP next time I see him just in case.

ginger power
Wolly Addict

Postby ginger power » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi have few questions and over 200 pages too much to look. Iv being given clomid by my gynecologist iv had few tests but my cycles are so long they gave me this but he said take it on day 1-5 is everyone taking on same time cycle days iv a friend taking it on 3-6, I'm not having a period since over 70 days so don't know will I wait to get one then test if I'm ovulating or take clomid on next period as I'm waiting so long between each period

hopeful lady
Mini Wolly

Postby hopeful lady » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi Ginger power. I took it days 2-6 ..different docs different days! I was on 100mg and got pregnant straight away..here with my five week old asleep beside me.
My cycles were pretty much non existent, the doctor prescribed primolut to bring on af so could start the clomid. I was Happy with this because I felt the primolut gave womb good clean out before starting! Best of luck with the clomid !

Star DJs
Missus2012
Princess Wolly

Postby Missus2012 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:45 am

Congrats hopeful lady!! Wonderful news! Hope all going well x
Ginger power take it at the start of your next cycle. Day 1 does sound unusual...I was told day 2 after first full day bleed. Maybe a reason for day 1 for you though. In US they seem to go days 5-9. It may be worth asking for primolet as hopeful lady suggests.

Anamon
New Wolly

Postby Anamon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 pm

hopeful lady wrote:Hi Ginger power. I took it days 2-6 ..different docs different days! I was on 100mg and got pregnant straight away..here with my five week old asleep beside me.
My cycles were pretty much non existent, the doctor prescribed primolut to bring on af so could start the clomid. I was Happy with this because I felt the primolut gave womb good clean out before starting! Best of luck with the clomid !

Hopeful lady- How did you find primolut ? any side effects

newlywed0912
Major Wolly

Postby newlywed0912 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:59 pm

Hi anamon, I took primulot and had no side effects, it brought on my period twice! I have pcos aswell, mightn't get periods for a few months at a time. I took clomid and had scans with the clinic, it worked the 2nd month and I've a lovely 8 month old boy now. Good luck with ttc

happy mummy
Mini Wolly

Postby happy mummy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:07 pm

removed
ImageImage

Previous

Go to TTC