Exchange of Token

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

decbride08 Posts: 481
Does this have to be gold and silver or can it just be silver and what way does it get worded in the mass booklet?
MrsHouse Posts: 153
Hi, this confused me too as when I bought the token I was disappointed that it was only silver and thought I had the wrong thing. I then realised that the gold is actually the wedding rings - well thats how I think of it anyway. Wording - sometihing like 'take this gold and silver, tokens of all I possess' HTH
Oh right, that ok then i have the wording of the gold and silver and was just gonna change it to just token or silver. That must be it as its only silver coins u see in the jewellers and stuff. Thanks a mill :wv
pretty polly Posts: 198
I am not sure if it has to be either, I was at a wedding and the bride and groom gave each other their last rolo, it was brilliant.
marianf Posts: 5845
My brother and his wife exchanged roses.
[quote="marianf":34sbax0b]My brother and his wife exchanged roses.[/quote:34sbax0b] So cute marianf, being so lovely runs in your family *) I have the coin my mum and dad used and so does h2b so we are using those :xox
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="decbride08":16zx38dr] So cute marianf, being so lovely runs in your family *) [/quote:16zx38dr] Thanks :o0 I think to be honest they didnt have a coin and the night before at the rehersal the priest told them to get roses. He said they could get them dried and framed with a wedding photo.
All Loved Up Posts: 135
It's an optional part of the service - so you don't have to do it all if you don't want.... or if you're a little bit of a feminist like me then you would feel it's unnecessary in this day and age...
frecklz Posts: 1839
I never heard of this... :compress