Exclusive venue, free corkage

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LarMay Posts: 1
Brand new to the wedding scene and feeling overwhelmed. We have a clear picture in our head of the type of venue we want but it's so hard to find and we were hoping someone out there might be able to help. We'd love a castle or house with enough space to sleep most of our 100 guests. We don't want to spend much more than 80 a head but we would love free corkage so we could have free flowing wine for the night. Alternatively, we'd love a private house that we could rent with enough space to sleep everyone. That way we could get in a caterer and bring in our own booze. Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.
PlayBones Posts: 32
Hi there, I had similar requirements to you, in that I wanted an old country house feel, and, as we live in France, we really wanted to bring home our own wine/champagne for the wedding. I was almost at my wits end when my mother suggested I called into Summerhll House Hotel in Enniskerry.. I was reluctant as we wanted a BBQ style garden party, and their wedding brochure didn't show anything remotely of that nature. Well, when I got in there they couldn't have been more helpful.... yes to the BBQ garden party, yes to bringing our own wine, yes to my sons lemonade stand, yes to my mother using her vintage china for the full meal service (she has a LOT of china).. anything I asked was a yes! We negotiated a package for a Friday in August which includes....FREE corkage, tea, coffee, scones, prosecco and cocktail reception for all guests, along with canapés and finger food. 4 course BBQ style meal, and fish and chip cones, sandwiches Tea and coffee for the late food. All for under your €80 budget. I couldn't have been more impressed. And while they do run a hotel, weddings seem to be their primary activity.. I have been up there 5 or 6 times now, and always feel like the place is almost our own. So whether that location would suit you or not, don't be afraid to ask the hotels/country houses in your area what they can do for you, I have been delighted with how I've got to almost design my own wedding in their hotel!! Hope this helps, best of luck, I hope you have a wonderful wedding :-) PB