Excuse needed to get out of work trip

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dea aveta Posts: 254
Hi girls I'm wondering if you can help me out. I have a work trip abroad to Europe that I really don't want to go on next month . I'll be just 12 weeks gone at that stage but don't want to go for a couple of reasons. Firstly the flight times are horrendous . Late night out and late night back. I'm currently in bed by 8 most evenings! Secondly it coincides with the date that I would have been due had I not miscarried . I don't know if I wil be really emotional that day or not. I have a pretty horrible boss who has no empathy so don't feel I'm in a position to just tell the truth! My whole team are going so it's not a case of asking someone else to go in my place. Any ideas would be much appreciated. :thnk
Joleigh Posts: 4242
You could say you have a hospital appointment that you've been waiting on for months and they just gave you a cancellation date and you really cant afford to miss it. You dont need to go into details about what its for, just say its personal. Pity you cant say jury duty!
CocoBeans Posts: 841
Just say inner ear infection so you are unable to fly but perfectly able to work... I'm sure any doctor would give you a note for it.
fizzy bubbles Posts: 339
Hi , Huge congrats on your bfp. I think its quite understandable that you do not want to go considering its around time when you would of be due. Would you say to to your gp, I am sure they could sign you out or give you a note saying you are unable to fly? Best of luck for the remainder of your pregnancy
dea aveta Posts: 254
Thanks a mil for replying girls......I'll ask my GP for a note for an inner ear infection.
dreamer Posts: 3941
Definitely get a note from your GP saying you can't fly. Thats probably the best route to go down rather than starting a whole web of lies!! I was supposed to go to our London office for a day earlier this year which meant a 4am start to get a 6am flight and back that night at 10pm and I just said to my boss that what was the point in us having expensive video conferencing equipment if we were expected to jump on a flight for every silly training course! >:o) Naturally he agreed! lol On the miscarriage be prepared to be emotional. I had a mc last year and would have been due in June last and was miserable that day and despite being almost 29 weeks pregnant I was even more miserable a few weeks ago when it was a year since I lost that LO. :wv