Executive Bus Hire - any comments?? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lulu08 Posts: 175
Hi girls, I am also looking for a bus - want one to go from South Side of Dublin to the Church in Enniskerry, then to the Hotel in Glenview in Co Wicklow (its 5 mins from the church) and then back in the evening (well approx 2am) Dublin Bus quoted us 750! :eek and even said that because of the trees outside the hotel they will not be able to take the guests to the hotel door - just to the bottom of the drive way! havent had any other quotes yet but prob need anything from a 32 to a 52 seater coach - depending on final numbers. Do yo uhave the contact details for the bus and how big they are? Thanks a mil :thnk
pesto24 Posts: 206
Hi Lulu08! I decided to go with Executive Bus Hire. Tony O'Toole is the guys name. He has a 37-seater that we are using. Not sure if he has a bigger size or not. I wonder if the coach buses are shorter than the double decker bus. If so, he might be able to take you up to the hotel then? Tony is pretty good about answering emails. Here's his address: Considering that he is charging us €760 to go to Offaly and back, you'll get much less for Wicklow, I would imagine!
Bright Star Posts: 756
hey girls just on this bus topic!!my sis & dad said it to me that i would want to be organaising a bus on the big day to carry people to hotel and home again...now my H2b is from the country and we are getting married in the City so its really only to accommodate my relatives coming from the city as all his will be staying the night. Just wondering any advise on this..should i organise one???what if no one avails of it??? We the guests assume there is one being laid on--my aunt has already asked my hairdresser(my cousins wife) if there will be a bus at the church...what am i supposed to do... help :o(
Brightstar - I think a bus would be a good idea if most of the out-of-town guests are staying in the same hotel. With drink on them, you wouldn't want to encourage driving, and organising taxis for the whole lot seems messy. ;o( As for numbers, maybe you can throw the idea out there by word of mouth through your parents and see what sort of response you get. Or if you're a control freak like me you can ring each guest and get an exact count for the bus (sort of had to do it that way). :-8
Thanks seadubride 08, i was thinking of maybe putting a note in with invites asking if anyone wanted to avail of a bus to & from hotel.Then they could let me know when returning RSVP's but then am i leaving it too late then to organise a bus i.e 3 weeks before wedding!!
Lulu08 Posts: 175
Thanks seadubride08, i will send him a mail. Brightstar - we did the same, got some numbers from the guests first before we decided, turned out quiet a few went for the option of the bus (more than i thought to be honest) but I suppose it takes the pressure off staying in the hotel or trying to find a B&B close by. :wv
I was actually going to suggest putting the bus offer in the RSVP and then you would have your count easy enough. I just though you might have already sent out the invites! It's a really nice touch to put that on the card. It shows you were considerate enough to ask. O:o) As for the timing, maybe just call around now and get quotes for the bus and provisional book a company while your waiting for RSVPs? It sounds like your have at least a small group of people that will want a bus. You can then decide, when you have a closer number, the size of bus you need, so you don't pay for a 57-seater when all you need is a 15-seater! :wv
Thanks seanubride ill do that....must get looking at bus companies so in Limerick area--hope this isnt going to be too hard!!! :wv
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
Hey Seadubride Sorry i don't, I was just speaking to a man & woman at the bride of the year fair at the RDS and they gave me a brochure. sorry i'm not much help O:| €900 is very expensive!, Hopefully u'll find a cheaper company!
peanuts Posts: 6
Hi Girls, Did any of you use Executive bus hire? If so, what were they like? Considering using them too as much cheaper than anyone else...