exercise ball- what do you do to encourage labour?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunnyside Posts: 3164
I have used an exercise ball throughout my pregnancy just to keep my hips loose etc. Sometimes I just sit on it. Other times I try to rotate my hips. But coming up to labour what techniques should you use to encourage labour?
justwaitin Posts: 2462
i dont know of any paticular technique on the ball except what you mentioned, hve you tried the rasberry laef tea and currys and lomg walks oh and the other one was dtd. hth Hope your not waiting to long more
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
HI I started relexology last week and she said she wouldnt touch my ankles as these are connected to your womb. She will only do it for anyone close to their due date as it can help bring on the labour.
ding Posts: 2
hi girls. ya thats true my friend also does reflexology a nd when i was near my time she told me to massage the inside of my foot. a few drops of clarey sage oil in your bath is meant to help but only a few drops it's not safe to go mad and throw in the whole bottle. I don't think rasberry leaf tea actually helps bring on labour it just helps shorten the 2nd stage of labour. i drank it 2 or 3 times a day from week 34 and i have to say i flew through the 2nd stage. Out of anything i found walking the best to bring on labour. hope this helped a bit. best of luck. :wv
mcglick Posts: 463
[quote:1tfc9qvb]mrs sunflower PostPosted: 01 Oct 2008 14:30 Post subject: HI I started relexology last week[/quote:1tfc9qvb] Where are you doing the reflexology - id be very inrested in doing this nearer the time Im due Im in Kildare McGlick
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I'm doing it in Dundalk but I'm sure if you searched the web you'd get someone in your area
thunder Posts: 110
I was just doing some research on the ball for labour, apparently if you rock back and forth sitting on the ball, when you are in labour, it helps the baby descend quicker and opens the pelvis.
sunnyside Posts: 3164
thanks girls. Going to keep walking and sit on ball when sitting. Would love baby to come within next week or so.