Exercises that target upper back?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Insert-Name-Here Posts: 762
My back is just not toned at all, anyone know any exercises that specifically target this area? Its the only part (apart from arms and head!) that you see on the wedding day so I'd like it to look nice. Thanks
May09Bride Posts: 1050
would love to know this too!!!
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Weight training and rowing are the best for a defined back, shoulders and arms.
Paul-Hurley Posts: 221
Any exercise that works the back will work the biceps too. The best ones for the back are lat pulldowns, one-arm rows, barbell rows and seated rows. Assisted chin-up machines are great too.
kingdom girl Posts: 955
I second the rowing machine, it is very often forgotten about in the gym and its such an effective machine, it really does sculpt your back but make sure you get someone to show you how to use it correctly as you could do more harm than good.
Insert-Name-Here Posts: 762
[quote="kingdom girl":123lm85u]I second the rowing machine, it is very often forgotten about in the gym and its such an effective machine, it really does sculpt your back but make sure you get someone to show you how to use it correctly as you could do more harm than good.[/quote:123lm85u] Honestly I would have never thought this was good for your back, I thought it was more for arms and legs, good to know as I've been ignoring it! Thanks everyone :thnk
Senorita Posts: 3413
[quote="kingdom girl":1w31rpru]I second the rowing machine, it is very often forgotten about in the gym and its such an effective machine, it really does sculpt your back but make sure you get someone to show you how to use it correctly as you could do more harm than good.[/quote:1w31rpru] +1
bluesky Posts: 143
Who doesn't want a sexy back, especially in a dress come wedding day? I tried on my first dress at the weekend and it was the first thing i noticed, even though Im slim enough, my skin was squidging through the criss-cross ties. Time for back sculpting. Ive bought me some free-weights, but not sure if im getting the most out of them. Has anyone found a decent link to exercises on the web?
summer09 Posts: 807
Also Body pump in FANTASTIC!!!!
thebrideof2009 Posts: 1416
hey what is a body pump :thnk