Expecting twins so will have 4 under 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

4under3 Posts: 9
Ok so had to go anon for this as i am a poster on M&K I have two DD's already, 14 months and 2.5 years, i found out yesterday i am having twins. My eldest will be just turned 3 when the twins arrive so in essence i will have 4 under 3. Shock of the century as you can imagine. Is there anybody else in the same boat in that they have two older children and then are expecting twins or have already had the twins? I dont know how to get my head around everything to be honest. Have posted this in the twin forum also as well as M&K. If anybody can help, would appreciate a reply or PM. thanks
kwife Posts: 220
Wow! FIrst of all congrats! :o)ll So you'll have a 3 yr old and roughly a 20 month old and twins? You'll be a busy lady for the first yr or so - but its so manageable! I have 1 yr old twins and am expecting another baby in April - pg, so I'll have 3 under 2 for a while. Do you know are you having identical or fraternal? Twins are undoubtedly hard work at times, but they are also the cutest thing ever! My girls are great buddies - and your older kids will be great entertainment for your two little babas. We have a great facebook page for the wol twin moms when you have your little ones - with tons of advice! My main advice would be get as organised as you can as early as you can before they arrive - cook and freeze loads of dinners for yourselves - take everyone up on their offers of helps (washing clothes, cleaning etc) I didn't and definitely should have. It'll be great and super exciting! Congrats again.
twinssep Posts: 1242
hi there firstly congrats on your news i had 4 under 4 at one stage had a 4 year old 15 month twins and new baby , you will be grand just have to be extremely organised bought a great pram from the states called a valco it was my godsend meant i could get out and about as u can see i have just had number 5 too best of luck with everything if u have any questions feel free to ask xxx
lila Posts: 982
Hi 4 under3 Congrats on your twin news. I know what kind of a shock you had as I had one similar a few weeks ago. I have 2 DS already - almost 4 and 21 months and found out I'm due twins in Feb. It took me a while to get my head around it. My main concern was how would we cope. DS2 was a handful as a baby and still is these days - i could count in 1 hand the nights he has slept through. I'm just hoping these babies will be healthy and we'll go from there. If everyones offers we are getting come true we'll have help lined up for the first few weeks anyway and I'm not planning on refusing any help we get. I work full time at the moment so finding that tough going at the moment so over next few weeks planning on getting a cleaner to help out around the house and hopefully keep her until well settled with babies. My 2 boys are going to creche and I plan on keeping them going for the first few months anyway. I'm also not sure about returning to work - no way can I pay 4 creche fees - I wouldn't make enough each month. Childminder in house is an option but will have to think about it. Anyway, congrats again on your news - How far along are you? I'm almost 16 weeks now...
[quote="lila":2t6csg8k]Hi 4 under3 Congrats on your twin news. I know what kind of a shock you had as I had one similar a few weeks ago. I have 2 DS already - almost 4 and 21 months and found out I'm due twins in Feb. It took me a while to get my head around it. My main concern was how would we cope. DS2 was a handful as a baby and still is these days - i could count in 1 hand the nights he has slept through. I'm just hoping these babies will be healthy and we'll go from there. If everyones offers we are getting come true we'll have help lined up for the first few weeks anyway and I'm not planning on refusing any help we get. I work full time at the moment so finding that tough going at the moment so over next few weeks planning on getting a cleaner to help out around the house and hopefully keep her until well settled with babies. My 2 boys are going to creche and I plan on keeping them going for the first few months anyway. I'm also not sure about returning to work - no way can I pay 4 creche fees - I wouldn't make enough each month. Childminder in house is an option but will have to think about it. Anyway, congrats again on your news - How far along are you? I'm almost 16 weeks now...[/quote:2t6csg8k] OMG delighted to hear from someone in exactly the same boat. I am 12 weeks now, back with consultant agian in 2 weeks time as i was with the midwives when they confirmed the twins pregnancy, am stilll not going to believe it until i meet the consultant i think. We havent told DH's family its twins also, my sis sort of told me not to say anything yet as i am worried something might happen you know. I also work full time but will be going back to work after they are born. I have the more stable job and definately will be looking at a childminder to come to the house. At the minute my DD's go to a childminder and i will be hoping to continue that on a full time basis for the first few months anyway after the twins are born. I am also on the look out for a cleaner at the moment so it sounds like we are exactly in the same position. I lucky in that my DD's are good sleepers, i dont envy you there with your DS but hopefully he will come good soon. Look forward to keeping in touch and thanks again for your reply, its great to have someone else in the same position"!
thanks for all the other replies, have a double buggy already so that will do dont know yet what type of twins they are, prob find out in 2 weeks time when i am back with the consultant Thanks again
celtic chica Posts: 144
hi 4 under three well im the same i have a two year old,an 11 mth old and due twins in december so i will have four under two and a half!!got such a shock when they told us twins,busy busy times ahead for us all hope you are feeling well and massive congratulations xx
[quote="celtic chica":1fj3vsvd]hi 4 under three well im the same i have a two year old,an 11 mth old and due twins in december so i will have four under two and a half!!got such a shock when they told us twins,busy busy times ahead for us all hope you are feeling well and massive congratulations xx[/quote:1fj3vsvd] thank you so much for getting back to me, wow you will be busy, yours will be even younger, hopefully will keep in touch now, take care :duh:
suzydaly Posts: 16
Congrats to you. I was not quiet as bad as you but I had 4 under 4. To be honest, you just deal with whatever is there & you just get on with it. It is very difficult at times - the first year is probably the worst but things do get better & I found family were a really good support & helped where they could. It will be absolutely lovely for them in a few years time & they will be great playmates for each other & just all grow up together. There are a lot of plus to having them together.