Expressions or words that bug you!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Penny Hill Posts: 1898
For me its the expression 'happy out'. I don't know why really. A friend of mine has just started using it a lot, and i find it irritating :o0 strange i know. But then it got me thinking, there is another word that bugs me more than anything, it makes me squirm - 'brutal'. Am i the only freak that has these?!!
gemggem Posts: 270
What bugs me is when someone says "No bothers", have no problem with "No bother" when its no bother to do something but there's a guy at work that adds an "s" to the end of it and it drives me bananas!!
skitchums Posts: 1283
Oh I hate "my bad" >:o( Also, when people put up "dying.com or "hungover.com" on their facebook status, that sets me off!! O:| :o0
M Chereux Posts: 391
When people say "If you know what I mean" at the end of their post as the majority of the time YES WE KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN - and then to abbreviate it IYKWIM!!!!
LullaBelle11 Posts: 1159
I don't get the whole .com thing either! I really hate 'lol' or 'lmao'!! I never use these, I would rather write 'haha'
okan Posts: 380
Good topic! I have loads! I am beginning to think I am the least tolerant person in the world! My top ones are: LOL I really hate LOL. Also, I also HATE my "heart goes out to you/her/him/them" etc. Cringe. :-8
finet Posts: 403
ha ha I hate that dying.com stuff too its so 1997! and I dislike 'happy out' but I actually like the word brutal! but I know what you mean I seem to develop these irritations constantly and its so much worse lately (less tolerance due to pregnancy?) my main irritation is written rather than verbal acutally - its people sticking apostrophes into plurals as in - "plural's" - I know we all make mistakes with typing and spelling and grammar and I'm no different but I know some people who consistently do it and it drives me up the wall. I also hate when RTE newsreaders say Gárdaí (gawrdee) instead of Gardaí. I think I must be crazy sometimes to let myself get annoyed with that but i do! and I really really hate when people say "I'm not being bad but...she looks like an elephant/<some other extremely horrible and unnecessary comment>" Same for "I'm not being racist but.." etc etc. Actually YOU ARE!! Aghgh I'm all riled up now. I'm sure I will think of 60 other expressions now... :o0
mommylicious Posts: 836
My oh is saying 'shamone' at the end of his sentences at the moment, and it makes me want to stab him in the eye.
sally cinnamon Posts: 158
lol is my absolute top pet hate along with omg text speak also really bugs me, especially if its from someone old enough to know better
happieout Posts: 3111
I don't mind 'happy out' myself, surprise surprise! Though I hate 'cheers', 'in all fairness' and 'I'm not being bad but..' yes, you are being bad!!