Extra mat benefit payment today?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifetob Posts: 936
Got 2 mat benefit payments this week I presume its the Christmas week payment coming early? Anyone else get this?
MiniJ Posts: 118
Yes I did.. I'm not due to start maternity leave until Friday 21st but got a payment today? Does that mean that my wages will be down by that amount this week?
wifetob Posts: 936
Hi Minij. It dependant on what way your wages work. Maternity benefit is paid in advance that is paid at weekend or Monday for that week. The payment you got today is for next week. I presume your wages are paid after you do the work ie work 1 week and get paid the next. If that's the case then you wages this week are for the last week or 2 and therefore will be full pay. I hope I'm making sense!
MiniJ Posts: 118
Makes perfect sense... Thanks for the clarification! :-)
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
I've taken this off the Departments website: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/Christma ... ments.aspx [b:2xprtkmt]Maternity Benefit[/b:2xprtkmt] Customers due their payment on Thursday 13 December 2012 will be paid their payment on 13 December 2012. Customers due their payment on Thursday 20 December 2012 will be paid their payment on Monday 17 December 2012. Customers due their payment on Thursday 27 December 2012 will be paid their payment on Thursday 20 December 2012.