Eyelash extensions, bikini wax & manicure while pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess Kate Posts: 734
Hi girls, I am planning some pre-Xmas pampering (well not the wax, more like maintenance maybe!) on my day off this week, I will be 7 weeks pregnant. Has anybody got any info on whether these treatments are safe while pregnant? I was looking at the yumi eyelashes and I go to Urban Wax in Dublin in case this makes a difference. Thanks ladies x
nelswife Posts: 3869
I got all the above when i was pregnant the last time and have been getting treatments done this time too..I got a bikini wax and manicure and pedicure done for going into hospital last time before i had baby, and planning on doing the same this time!
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Got them all done during pregnancy - enjoy your treatments :wv
digsy Posts: 1257
is there a time limit of when you can have a bikini wax before you are due does anybody know?
Trinitym Posts: 341
In my hospital its 6 weeks before your due date..
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="digsy":266fmmt9]is there a time limit of when you can have a bikini wax before you are due does anybody know?[/quote:266fmmt9] I never heard of it, in saying that i had mine done at 38+4 weeks, i actually went into labour that night!!..but dont think it was from the wax though!
Princess Kate Posts: 734
Oh brilliant thanks ladies! I wads little worried about the eyelash glue but I guess if it's ok to put on your eyes it can't be toxic or anything! Bring on the pampering :) :)
FoundHome Posts: 1753
I was a little miffed that I wasn't as groomed as I had hoped as Junior decided to come early before my waxing appointment ;o) TBH I didn't mind too much for the day itself but I bleed for 4+ weeks afterwards so I was in major need for a tidy up by the time the bleeding stopped. If you're comfortable enough towards the end of your pregnancy, go for it.
CherylC Posts: 1071
All are fine. I had bikini wax the day before DS arrived!
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I found my bikini wax awful when I was pregnant. It seemed to be extra sensitive or something but I was in agony for a few days with it! I was 6 months pregnant at the time! It's no harm, maybe I was just a bit over sensitive that day!