Eyeliner. Where and how?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mad Mod Posts: 1079
I have eyeliner pencil. I love the look of it on, though I know I'm not putting it on right. Also, it never stays put for long. Any advice on how to get it to stick? Any cheap (>€10) fool proof product to recommend?
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I hate eyeliner pencil. Love the look of it but not very good at it and it seems to go missing about an hour after application! I got a sort of felt tip pen style eyeliner and it's brilliant. Looks like a fine marker. So easy to apply and stays on longer. I love it!
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
[quote="Sassypants":3l05muf4]I hate eyeliner pencil. Love the look of it but not very good at it and it seems to go missing about an hour after application! I got a sort of felt tip pen style eyeliner and it's brilliant. Looks like a fine marker. So easy to apply and stays on longer. I love it![/quote:3l05muf4] Oh do tell us the name of it? Also do you put it on before or after eye shadow??
hyperrational Posts: 697
I hate eyeliner. It's the most complicated make up thingy ever. I end up looking like a drunken clown.
[quote="Sassypants":31akkemw]I hate eyeliner pencil. Love the look of it but not very good at it and it seems to go missing about an hour after application![/quote:31akkemw] This is my experience also! Where exactly do you apply it?
Panama Posts: 383
I use a liquid eyeliner. Usually buy the Rimmell one. It took me a long time to master it - always have a few earbuds handy :-) I only use it on my upper lid - I use a dark eyeshadow under my eye, I think the liquid is too severe under my eye. I always apply it after my eyeshadow.
superpower Posts: 367
I use liquid liner too- but dont bother with my day time makeup. The Rimmel one is great- it has a nice thin tip so you can get a thin line and build up if you want. It takes a bit of practice but I find it the best. (I only use it on eye lid and use eyeshadow to define on bottom) I only use eyeliner pencil on the waterline on a night out when I do a smoky eye. By the way I put liner on after my eyeshadow.
What about when you see people pulling at their lower lid? That freaks me out! I just put it on the exposed/top bit of the lid, but its kinda wet, so that's why it doesn't stick. I'm doing it wrong, amn't I?!
streaks Posts: 3592
I use pencil on my bottom lid and liquid on my top lid. I use a rimmel for top lid as I like the fine applicator. Pencil wise I use mac and it never moves. I apply after my eyeshadow etc, I rub it on the base of my lashes and then just on the waterline. A bit of practice makes perfect with it I find! Hth :wv
Bluebellbride Posts: 610
I sort of lift my top lid and put it on the line underneath my lashes (iykwim) during the day but am incapable of using the liquid one on the outter part above my lashes...I like the sound of the Rimmel liquid one though so I might try that!