F$%king Hotel!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
My hotel is really starting to get on my nerves. Any of the details for our rooms were not wrote down and we were talking to the owner/part owner of the hotel. We're having guests coming back to us saying what we tell them the hotel are not agreeing. I've wrote everything down from day one. I'm getting really nervous now how things will go on hte day. They are a very reputable hotel and are renowned for their food but its starting to getting ridiculous. It's only 7 weeks to out wedding, i dont need this stress...
luckyladee Posts: 2550
What sort of things are they backing out on Lusk10? If you have everything in writing you should be able to sort out the issues....no?
Krazy Posts: 289
try to keep emails exchanged between you and hotel - proving very important for me at the moment!
mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
Thats so ridiculous, can't believe that. These things make me so nervous that the same is going to happen to me. Will have to make sure I write everything down and they sign it or I get them to type everything up there and then and give me a copy on the hotel paper or something. What kind of things are they backing out on, is it prices of guest room etc? Can't believe the part owner doesn't even take responsibility for something like this. Have you talked to him recently as I would want an explanation of why he didn't pass on the information. Can you pm me the hotel name.
lush11 Posts: 2877
D'ya know what it's probably our own fault but hope it warns other people. WE wrote everything down but he didnt and because its local and we trusted him we thought nothing of it. What he agreed: - 110 euro for double room - 55 for a single room - Kids free/family room still 110 (there are only 4 and they are in our wedding party) - 3 nights for the price of 2 We cant get a hold of him but only thing wrote down in book is 110 a room, end of story. We're after kicking up an awful fuss and are meeting him next week. God love him, he'll be lucky if i dont jump across the table and kill him for all this stress, anxeity and us killing each other for it.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Agree that it's best to keep everything on email - even if you meet face-to-face I always send an email afterwards to confirm what was agreed! I'm sure they'll 'remember' eventually!!
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
We've done same, haven't met hotel face to face since we saw it as its in Sorrento but if we speak to manager on phone we'd always email him saying nice to speak to you today, below is summary of what we agreed etc! Will be printing out any emails where prices etc agreed on and bringing them with me just in case.