Facebook = depressing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Decisions11 Posts: 1246
Got a friend request off a girl I used to be great friends with in school but lost contact when she moved away. While it was fantastic to hear from her again and be back in contact.. I just went through her profile.. bad move!! When we were younger she was always one of those people who seemed to be so lucky and landed on her feet with everything. Super good looking with amazing body.. well nothing has changed but she's even better looking! has 2 beautiful kids, married her school sweet heart (the hunk) both have amazing careers etc etc.. I am so delighted for her but my heart just sank when I seen how good she looked. I was a size 10 last time I saw her (fat then compared to her) she hasn't changed and now I'm a size 16-18.. struggling with money, tried to have kids (didn't happen, will try again after the wedding) :o( Sorry more of a rant there but finding out what others are doing is sometimes not a good move.. or is it that kick up the bum?
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Ah hun, cheer up. You are marrying your H2B, you have your health and your family :o)ll
I know Flexy, I sound like a right moaning cow.. :o0 Might be a case of the grass seems greener!
No you are not, you are just human :o0 :o0 I get that too from time to time and get the odd twinge of jealousy :o( But when I say it to H2B, he always says "Sure ain't you marrying me, we couldn't be any happier than we are now" :lvs :lvs
Awwww how cute.. :xox If I said it to my H2b he would prob fall over laughing.. I probably would too. If I said it out loud it wouldn't make any sense and would sound so silly.. Sometimes I wish I could turn off my brain for a while :o0
He only says that AFTER he falls over from laughing :o0 :o0
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i know where your coming from but you will never know how unhappy other ppl might be just from FB. been reading a couple of threads in relationships and around the forum these last few days and some ppl are really having a tough time of it, and im sure NO-ONE on FB knows about it. i suppose just making the best of what you have is the only advice O-O
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
I know what you mean,i was really down new years eve/day as dh wouldnt go out as he doesnt like going out any night really,he hates pubs&niteclubs so like we havent been out in mths.i didnt want to go out without him new year not that i got any offers anyway but when i looked at fb everyone was saying what a great night they have and i hate looking at photos of ppl on nithes out as guess what never have any to put up.Sorry bit of a moan there
Salander Posts: 1639
people use facebook to say look at me - look at how fab i am. they dont say just had a huge barney with dh, the kids are driving me mental, i am struggling with paying bills, hated our nite out, was bored to tears, i am thin cos we can't afford to eat, etc etc so i would consider facebook like a snapshot - it might look good but you have no idea whats going on behind it.
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
[quote="Snuddlums":8w9236hh]I know what you mean,i was really down new years eve/day as dh wouldnt go out as he doesnt like going out any night really,he hates pubs&niteclubs so like we havent been out in mths.i didnt want to go out without him new year not that i got any offers anyway but when i looked at fb everyone was saying what a great night they have and i hate looking at photos of ppl on nithes out as guess what never have any to put up.Sorry bit of a moan there[/quote:8w9236hh] If your DH doesnt like going out then you should organise a house party for these types of occasions. We are lucky that we are both sick of the pub and club scene, but we are in our 30's now, so we've been there done that, as they say. We had the whole family over on NYE and it was the best night ever! :o)ll I hate the crowds in the pubs on big nights like NYE, and the false goodwill being thrown about, so it made sense to spend the night with people we actually like and who like us back! Then yesterday we all went to my mums for a roast dinner, simple but effective. Like others have said, FB is a glimpse into peoples lives, and they will only share the good stuff!. I know i dont put up pictures of all the saturday nights i spend sitting in watching tv in my pj's! And i most certainly dont put up pics where i look anything other than stunning! >:o) OP, Im sure your friend has loads of fat pictures, shes just choosing not to share them. ;o) Chin up, throw on your trainers and head off for a walk, if you really want to make a change you need to put the work in, and exercise is good for the soul :lvs