Facebook question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
I'm searchign for friends but cant go into their profile if i click on their pic, i dont really want them knowing i was looking can someone tell me how to view them. :thnk
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
It sounds as though they have their profile set to private..which I do on mine. But even if you get into someones profile I don't think it will tell them that you have looked at it..as far as I know. I could be wrong though.
Ceana Posts: 1387
As far as i know i think you have to be friends with them to view their profile, othewise you cant get in.
hum dont think its that cant get into any of them at all dont know what im doing wrong
LMR Posts: 1925
You can't look at any profiles on Face book unless a) you are already friends b) they poke you or send you a message (and even them its usually just a limited profile. In some groups/networks you can look at the profiles of other members but only if their profile is set up that way. I think the default setting on Facebook (as opposed to say Bebo) is that even if you don't have really high privacy settings its still hard to view people without have some contact with them iykwim.
bobo1 Posts: 32
yeah like the other posters have said you have to be friends with someone to look at their profiles. you have to click 'friend request' which will ask them to confirm that they know you and then you can access their profile. without doing this the most you can see if who they're friends with by clicking 'view friends' although some people also make this private.
thanks for that guys ah well my stalker days had to come to an end sometime