Facial

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BrideMeath Posts: 9
Hi Guys, I am booked into get a facial done one week before my wedding. I asked the girl would I break out and she said that it was a Prescriptive Facial and there is no squeezing etc involved. Should I take the chance?
msmcb1 Posts: 508
I think that would be taking a chance....i think youre recommended to have a facial no more than 6 weeks before your wedding. Im not a professional beautician tho. Have you had one of these before?? If so how did your skin react?? If its the first time youre getting this type of facial done...then i definately wouldnt. A beautican cant give any guarentees and a good one will tell you of all the possible ways your skin can react.
BrideMeath Posts: 9
No it's my first time.. Think I should leave it.. I would die if I broke out in a rash..
charli Posts: 5994
i would leave it Bride Meath im afraid! i see you have only 16 days to your big day, you could use something like Clarins Beauty Flash Balm which gives skin a great glow. and exfoliate a few times between now and then if you aren't already
smurf Posts: 755
[quote:2ffd7tix]you could use something like Clarins Beauty Flash Balm which gives skin a great glow. and exfoliate a few times between now and then if you aren't already[/quote:2ffd7tix] this Clarins product sounds good!! must check it out, thanks, would agree to avoid a facial at this stage.
msmcb1 Posts: 508
Ive had a prescriptive facial done before and i found that afterwards my face did take a few days to calm down. Ive also had a dermalogica done recently and found that particular one non-evasive. More recently i had a microdermabrasion (sp) done and my face looked completely normal...as if id had nothing done at all. Over the years i bought the Clarins Beauty Flash Balm twice and found it dried my skin. Even tho some of my friends swear by it....i guess its worth a go tho. I suppose everyones skin is different......i would recommend taking some Vit. C and following a strict regime of cleanse, tone and moisturise oh and the old favourite drink lots of water (this ive no patience for as i cant be bothered having to run to the bathroom).
charli Posts: 5994
[quote:168oan82]you could use something like Clarins Beauty Flash Balm which gives skin a great glow. and exfoliate a few times between now and then if you aren't already this Clarins product sounds good!! must check it out, thanks, would agree to avoid a facial at this stage.[/quote:168oan82] smurf you can use a little under make-up, just a bear amount and apply make-up straight away or you can use it as a mask, layer it on for 15 mins or so. i find it really good and my skin always looks healthy and radiant! i prefer the mask method rather than under the make-up btw, it's one of my fav things!