Faint Lines

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
Girls, you know how you can get faint lines on your tests and then they get stronger? Well does that mean that if you test a day or so before your af is due and you are pregnant that you should see some form of line? I'm getting desperate now! Don't want a BFN O:| Oh and does the brand matter for the faint lines? I use Clear Blue.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
good question butterfly I have no faint line, well none yesterday and looked at it for about 2 hours so you'd think I would have at least imagined seeing one :o0 Is clearblue better than first response? I used first response.
The girls here recommend ClearBlue MRSMMC, that's why I went with that brand. :wv
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Not sure girls. My faint line on Clear Blue was stronger than First Response. However, I tested with it a day later so it should be stronger anyway. apparently your hcg levels double every 48 hours so if you don't get anything, prob a good idea to leave it 2 days before testing again (yeah right). Of course the most sensible approach is to wait until AF is due or late and avoid all this head wrecking with the faint lines.... Butterfly I'm sorry now I didn't have some digital tests (more expensive) as no interpretation is required - it will just say pregnant or not pregnant.
really When I bought test at the weekend I picked up clearblue but the girl said to me the first response was on offer, €15 for 2. She said she heard they were better. Maybe if AF hasn't arrived tomorrow i'll buy clearblue on my way home. Tempted to test again tonight but can't see how I would get BFP today if I got BFN yesterday.
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
I went with the digital ones, says either Pregnant or Not Pregnant!!! Lucy :o)ll
48 hours you say blackcat. I'll wait so till Wednesday AM to test.
[quote="MRSMMC":24u5c9na] Tempted to test again tonight but can't see how I would get BFP today if I got BFN yesterday.[/quote:24u5c9na] Leave it till morning time to be on the safe side MRSSMC, it's the best time to test. BC, I get the feeling I'll end up testing tomorrow and if nothing then I'll buy another double pack and test on Thursday. It's hubbies fault, he made me waste one yesterday!! :o0
mammybean Posts: 10364
lol butterfly i wasted my scond one today. sure its still far too early lol. fertility fied said i wasnt due til 27th. mch easier when you dnt have them handy. no you dont have to get a faint line if you are
Sphynx Posts: 6795
MrsMMC and Butterfly - two peestickaholics if I ever met one! You should visit this site: peeonastick.com :o0 :o0 :o0 The FAQ section is v. good, e.g.: 5. Can I still be pregnant if the test is negative (have a "false negative")? In a word, yes. You could be testing too early (before your baby is making enough pregnancy hormone to be detected by the test.) And some women (this is fairly rare, but possible) never get a positive urine test even when they're definitely pregnant (for some reason the hormone doesn't make it into their urine.) I have a friend who didn't get a positive HPT until 25 DPO! (With her second baby, a test at 23 DPO was negative . . . but a test on 30 DPO was positive. Oddly enough, with #3, her positive test came at only 12 DPO.) If you get a negative test but think you might be preggo anyway, wait a couple of days (giving the hCG hormone time to build up) and try again. It's not over until the fat lady sings-- and your period crashes the party.